Monday, February 06, 2012

Interior Design: Accessories

It's not advisable to have your accessories lined up before you get your furniture, but since I have no patience, that's exactly what I have done. Oh well! Most of this stuff comes from my last home so I'm going to give myself a pass. I'm looking forward to sprinkling these little trinkets and bobbles around the living room and into the kitchen space. There are so many nooks and crannies that I've planned in my head. I can't wait until I get my sofa and start putting the room together!

Here's a brief look at some of the stuff I have. 


I've ALWAYS wanted glass doorknobs, so when I saw these babies on Joss & Main, I HAD to buy them. I don't know where they're going yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something good.


I love the colors that potpourri provide. These have absolutely no smell to them at this point, but I can't bear to throw them away. I LOVE the colors.



Greenery has become very important to me. Having plants in a house gives it life! Another breathing, living thing in the corner or on the top of a side table makes a huge splash. I love greenery.



I don't know what I'm going to do with this trumpet shaped vase. I had tall, wooden branches coming out of it in my last place. I think I might do the same thing, but place it in the guest bedroom. It doesn't quite go with my living and kitchen area plans.


Once I saw these pictures on Joss and Main, I couldn't help myself. "All You Need Is Love". Isn't that so true? Whenever I see it, I think of one of the songs from one of my favorite movies "Moulin Rouge". That movie means more to me than anyone knows. I have very fond memories connected to that movie. "Keep Calm And Carry On". The splash of yellow with the green and yellow potpourri...Perfecto! I'm sure I'll have to repeat that mantra many times over in my future life. *giggle* Anyway, I can't wait to hang these suckers.


Next are pillows. My mom wants me to get them made so they can be original. I've taken a look at a few fabric swatches, so the next step is to find the pillows and send the materials off to my family's long time friend and seamstress. But do I have the patience to wait for them? We'll see.
It's been 3 weeks since I ordered my sofa. 3 - 6 more weeks to go until it's delivered. Ugh!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails