Friday, June 06, 2014

Questions Answered

Thought I'd take a little time to answer some questions from what I've determined is my favorite website right now.

  1. If a doctor gave you five years to live, what would you try to accomplish?
  2. What is the difference between falling in love and being in love?
  3. Who do you think stands between you and happiness?

1. This is a timely question because I randomly read an article about the actress, Kate Hudson yesterday. Kate has this fly by the seat of her pants attitude. Real bohemian. She does daily meditations and whatever she wants to do, she does. She exercises by dancing around to music intensely until she's tired out and then does an interview immediately afterwards with sweat in her hair. That kind of attitude is so cool to me. If I had 5 years to live, I would cash out of savings and do whatever the heck I want to do. One of those things would HAVE to be traveling. I would dance more too - take some classes. I would also take more photos. Not of other people like I do now. I would capture more of my experiences and take photos of people I meet and places I see. I would then compile them right before I passed to leave them for my family. I would explore more. My city and others have so many gems to be seen. A friend just texted me asking me for furniture spots in DC. I told her I do all my shopping online which is a shame because there are probably all sorts of cool places sprinkled around the city. Oh, I would also see a lot of live music. All kinds of music. I don't care what it is. Long story short, I would try to accomplish the feeling of freedom, love and peace. Real bohemian of me huh?

2. The difference is that one is short term and the other is long term.

3. What ultimately stands between me and happiness is this current dark, twisted, festering system and the imperfection that feeds it. Happiness looks like not having to grind for a human/corporation who can give two craps about me, having a family with mini-mes or opposite-of-mes (lol), dealing with people who just want to love and do for others all the time. But while I'm living in it, what stands between me and happiness is...hmm... I don't know. I feel like the right answer should be 'myself', but I'm not sure if I would be true to my feelings if I said that. I know it's probably true. I mean it always comes back to ourselves. But taking a step back, this question assumes that I'm not already happy. I'm happy given the circumstances of this world. 

Here's another deep question. What gives your life meaning? 
I just sent texted this out to a group. Hard question to answer. What say you?

1 comment:

Alisa Renee' said...

God.

He takes all my flaws and unworthiness, my bad decisions, my indecisiveness, my moodiness, my fear, my habits, and makes a beautiful, smiling masterpiece of them. He doesn't see my baggage or my blemishes. He doesn't even see the sins I've already asked to be be forgiven for. All he sees is my heart, and my smile, and I can't think of anything more meaningful than this! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails