Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Music and Cars

Morning! Check out my new post on my creative blog. I did my first photo shoot since Tiff's bridal shower and it went fantastic! Woohoo!

So I have a lot on my mind. Nothing bad. I just feel like talking and I haven't really been able to blog like I want to. For some reason, every time I try to blog at work in my 10 minutes of down time, I get this proxy notice that irrates the mess out of me. So today, I'm trying this from a different browser. Blogger doesn't support this browser though, so we'll see if this actually posts.

Anyway, did I mention that I got a new car? This is actually an important milestone in my life I feel. My now retired charcoal Mazda was my first baby. I loved that car. It did me so well and was right there by my side for so many experiences. Missy the Mazda rode with me through my years in Cali, was parked for a year while I lived in NY, and then carried me through my return to DC. I cried in Missy, I laughed in Missy, I had make out sessions in Missy, I partied in Missy. The time came, however, to let her go. *moment of silence* I was actually quite ready to part ways with her. I felt like she wasn't quite on my level anymore with the amount of bumps and bruises she had on her. Not to mention, her technology parts weren't sufficient for today's day and age. So now, I have a new Missy. Missy 2.0. A white, top of the line, fully loaded Kia Optima. I'm in LOVE with her. She is so beautiful I can't stand it. Getting exactly what I wanted in this car was very important to me. You see, I feel like I've always been the one to settle... on engagement rings (my ex, not my husband), on jobs, on apartments... so I wanted to make this car decision without any outside influence. I'm at an age now and have a career where I can afford not to settle. I'm too old to settle. So Missy 2.0 is very important for me for that reason. It's the first big decision I've made that's totally for myself that I did not settle on. And it feels good. I'm grown y'all!

I've been thinking about music a lot lately. The type of music I listen to... The upcoming concerts that I'll be attending... Yesterday's daily text mentioned that we have to abhor what is wicked and apply that principle to our choices of entertainment. It said, "Not all forms of entertainment center on practices that are expressly condemned in God’s Word. In such cases, before choosing the entertainment, we should carefully compare the activity with Jehovah’s view of what is wholesome, as expressed in Bible principles." Now, lately Rihanna and Beyonce have made me very uncomfortable in this area, which is why I'm kinda having second thoughts about these concert tickets that I bought. Rihanna more than Beyonce. For Beyonce, I'm not quite sure how this is going to play out. I feel like this "Bow Down/I Be On" song is just for giggles. Perhaps she just needed to get that one out. Perhaps she knows better than to include that on her album and even worse perform it in concert. I'm not trying to be at her show while she's yelling 'bow down b$*@#'. First of all, don't call me a witch with a b, and secondly, bow down? Huh? And then there's Rihanna. Chile... I had to stop following her on instagram. I think the chick has lost her mind. She is so nasty, raunchy and funky it's not even funny. The chick looks dirty. There's no way I could ever roll with her. So I kinda regret the Rihanna ticket buy. But I'm going with a friend all the way to Revel in NJ, so... I don't know how I'ma get outta that one. Beyonce, I'll suck it up for now and keep a close eye on her. Her next moves will determine a lot.

But anyway, I took hubby to see Questlove DJ at the Howard Theatre on Saturday. My first Questlove experience with Jenn out in LA changed my life. So I had to see him again. I realized my absolute obsession and passion for soul/neo-soul/hip hop. Not the hip hop that you hear on the radio. Not the Kanye's and the Jeezy's and the Jay-Z's. I'm talking about the Camp Lo's, the J. Dilla's and the Little Brother's. The music is so soul piercing! It hits me in a place I can't describe. I almost feel myself getting high off the sounds. It's simply amazing. I am definitely an undergound music lover. A soul lover. Give me the Rahsaan's, the Chico Debarge's, the Foreign Exchange's and the Van Hunt's all day long please. When I look back at the years of blog posts on here, I seem to post this paragraph about music once a year. I love all types of music, but I keep coming back here. If I had to listen to only one genre of music for the rest of my life, I guess this would be it. Reggae comes in a close second place.

Well, work is calling my name. I sent out the sales reps' commissions yesterday and they are emailing me back telling me that this is missing and that is missing. They keep an eye on their MoNEy!

Ciao!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails