Friday, January 10, 2014

Fool For You

I'm coming with terms with how powerful these lyrics are as I listen to Alice Smith's cover of Cee-Lo's amazing song. They are so intense and deep. This right here is LOVE. It can dang on near make you cry.

That deep, that sweet, that soaking
That wet, that fire, that powerful stuff
That up and that down, that front and that back
Baby, I can't seem to get enough
Ooh baby, let me do it, let me do it 'til I'm satisfied
Oh baby, now right now, baby, I ain't got no more pride
Oh, sweet sugar, I surrender
I don't want no other man, baby, you win
And you ain't never got to worry, ever got to worry
You'll never be alone again
There's nothing, there's nothing
That ooh, that I wouldn't do, ah, ooh
Write a song about it, daddy
Everybody know who I'm talking to

And maybe I'm just getting it because of how serious Alice Smith is in this performance. She turns this thang OUT and brings up an emotion that overwhelms me.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails