Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Babies

The idea of having one has been swirling in my head like a hawk... and all the more so within the last few days. Not only did one of my closest male friends just have a baby (and I had no idea until I saw a post on facebook which kinda upset me, but whatever), but I spent considerable time with my nephew who was sick most of the time. The waking up in the middle of the night, the considerable spit and wet food all over the place, the crying for no reason... Just when I get close to deciding to have one, I get scared all over again. Not to mention that hubby and I don't agree on a few things about raising a child. He was raised a JW and I wasn't. He went to public school and I went to private. Our backgrounds are so different which directly play into what each of us thinks is best for a child. Yes, having varying backgrounds can be good when it comes to covering more baby-raising territory, but I kinda wish we had somewhat similar backgrounds. Things would be so much easier in the beginning. So... what are the blessings of having a child again? I've heard them before, but I can't remember not one. To have a baby or not to have a baby...

1 comment:

Alisa Renee' said...

Babies are wonderful.... but remember two things:

They're expensive. And, unfortunately for us all, they grow up and become teenagers.

Being a mommy is a beautiful thing, but it's a real sacrifice. You are no longer able to come and go whimsically and when you please. You sacrifice your money, your time.... Your heart walks around outside your body because your baby is your heart. You worry and feel anxious. You are solely responsible for the life of another human being. I wouldn't trade it for the world, and I love it... but it's the hardest job ever. The pay sucks. And there are no days off!!

Give it lots of thought.

This I DO know: YOU WOULD BE A WONDERFUL MOMMY. And I mean that! You're warm and kind, gentle and nurturing.... You'd be great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails