Thursday, October 06, 2011

Death

I don't know if it was the announcement of Steve Jobs' passing and the conversation with my mom about her not feeling well, but I had a horrible dream last night. I don't want to put it into words for positivity reasons, but boy was it real feeling. Death was heavy on my mind this morning as I threw on my jewelry and curled my hair. In my dream, I told my aunt it was okay to close her eyes because the pain would be over. And all she had to do was sleep until God resurrected her. Sure, we get the reassurance from the Bible that both the righteous and unrighteous will be resurrected from the enemy death, but does that stop us from wanting to live? I thought I wasn't afraid of death, but after imagining what I would do/feel/say if someone told me to 'just close my eyes' and in no time I would be resurrected, I'm not so comfortable with the notion. Death isn't natural. People say it's a part of life but that's not what was intended for us when Adam and Eve were put on this earth. It was intended for us to live forever...and that's exactly what I want. I want to live forever and never grow old. Thankfully, Jehovah promises that soon.

Sobering thoughts for a Thursday.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails