Tuesday, December 06, 2011

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Diane von Frustenburg, one of my favorite designers, said that to have a good relationship with oneself, you have to know what's good about yourself and what's bad about yourself. I think I'll use this exercise as my end of the year reflection.

The Good
smart
pretty
strong
mature
caring
nice
reasonable
creative

The Bad
I have too many voices in my head. One tells me one thing while the other says something completely different. I'm just plain ole' complex. If I didn't have a pen and paper or a keyboard and screen, I would become unstable.

I take to heart the smallest things. Everything bothers me when nothing should. Sensitivity is a blessing and a curse.

I am a world renowned self-examiner. I'm never satisfied with my current state. There's always something to fix. There's always something more. I can hardly name an accomplishment. There's never a it's-good-for-now moment.

The Ugly
pessimistic
lazy

Yep, that's me.

Goal for 2012: Stop thinking so hard. Stop being so inwardly dramatic. Fill my mind with good thoughts. Fill my pessimistic soul with fun.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails