Friday, December 08, 2006

Random Thoughts and Questions

1. It's an Anthony Hamilton, Mary J. Blige kind of day. "Where Did It Go Wrong?". "Take Me As I Am". They're just crying out for a little bit of understanding and consciousness. Ya know?

2. What do you do when someone you like has a wall up that's impossible to climb? How do you go on without doing the same in return even though you don't want to? But wouldn't I look like the fool if I didn't?

3. What do you do when you want to fall apart and there's no time to?

4. How do you deal with working in a stressful environment that literally affects the pain in your body?

5. I guess you can tell that I'm not in the greatest of moods. I'm ready to hibernate. At least vacation is only 13 days away. That's 12 days too long of a wait. I want to go home.

6. When I feel like this, I found that it's best to do things for others. I bought 7 'Thank You', 'Just Thinking Of You', 'Friendship' cards yesterday at CVS. It was nice to fill them out.

7. I was scheduled to go to wine country with the girls this weekend, but I was diagnosed with a severe muscle spasm in my trapezoid muscle. Prescription drugs and wine don't mix too well together do they? This quick escape would have been right on time.

8. Is it wrong or selfish to disappear for a couple of days? I know you're going to say no, but it is not appreciated when people care about you and want to hear your voice. The answer's not as easy as you think it would be.

9. I think I'm going to go to the library tonight and just read. Yeah, I know it's Friday but I need to get away and lose myself in a quiet space. People are going crazy out here. Doing stupid stuff. Not being caring enough. The world is crazy and I wish I wasn't a part of it.

10. "A friend like you makes me appreciate how rare and beautiful true friendship really is. I am so grateful for what we share, and I hope you will always be a part of my life." Beautiful card t.c. It's sitting on my desk here at work. Thank you again.

11. I emailed my manager yesterday to tell him that I'm actively seeking new employment. He sent me a meeting notice for 10 - 11 am. A whole hour! I really don't feel like doing this today. I think I might just tell him that too.

12. My pain medication hasn't quicked in yet and I have to go into a mock audit in 15 minutes. The stress is going to kill me if these drugs don't take over soon.

13. My co-workers are over there making a fuss about my audit and the auditors. Stuff that can't be helped. I'm so thankful for headphones and music.

14. I have a serious problem telling my manager I'm sick or I don't feel well. I know it's not smart but I'd rather duke it out than to go home and take care of myself. I feel like such a slacker when I do. I know, I know people... Not smart.

15. "You're like a cadillac/cool breeze in the seventies/you and me/holding hands talkin family/that southern thing I like/you got that southern stuff I like/It's like after school/feening hard cuz I'm in to you/bar-b-que/I'll even open the door for you/I know that's what you like/you got that southern stuff I like... Let's take a ride/swing to the other side/I'm much obliged to meet your acquaintance/you're full of substance/and oh girl i love it." Yes Anthony H. I love it. Southern Stuff... How more simple and sweet can you get?

16. Why is it that I like listening to sad songs? I can always see the video when I listen to songs about heart break, pain or suffering. Crazy huh?

17. Did you hear that there was an E.Coli outbreak at a Taco Bell in 6 states!? Illlll!!!! My goodness!

18. How many times are they going to say that Beyonce and Jay-Z are about to get married?!! This is ridiculous! This is like the stupid, little boy that cried wolf. It's so sad cuz their wedding day isn't even going to be sacred anymore. Paparazzi, please just let them live.

19. True or False : All is fair in love and war.

20. Have a good weekend everyone.

6 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

10. You are VERY welcome!
14. You need to make sure that you take care of yourself...

Take it easy J...just take it easy...get yourself some peace...peace of mind...

Daneger said...

I feel you on #16. It seems that the melancholy or sad songs on any album are always the ones that I am drawn too. I guess I personally just relate to the emotion of peoples struggles...its probably the same for you. Those are the songs that they really put there souls into, even for rappers.

The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

okay a couple of points..."I was scheduled to go to wine country with the girls this weekend, but I was diagnosed with a severe muscle spasm in my trapezoid muscle. Prescription drugs and wine don't mix too well together do they? This quick escape would have been right on time."...lol..you wrong for that...and E.coli at Taco Bell...good...I HAVEN'T EATEN THAT CRAP SINCE COLLEGE....BURN IT DOWN!!!lol...

layne bowden said...

3. What do you do when you want to fall apart and there's no time to?

make time sweetie-pie! it'll do you a world of good. TRUST. i schedule regular crying sessions... they cleanse the soul and they just plain ole FEEL good, ya know? (hang in there!)

8. Is it wrong or selfish to disappear for a couple of days? I know you're going to say no, but it is not appreciated when people care about you and want to hear your voice. The answer's not as easy as you think it would be.

honestly, truly... the answer REALLY is "no". i've been there. recently. just let them know you need to take a moment to clear your head. you are entitled to it for your souls sanity, lil sis!

16. Why is it that I like listening to sad songs? I can always see the video when I listen to songs about heart break, pain or suffering. Crazy huh?

dang! i see so much of me in you!! i did this just last night! listened to about 2 hrs worth of luther and another hour of stevie. all the OLD slow classics! and i cried. but i'm cool now. :)

19. True or False : All is fair in love and war.

TRUE!! ask anybody who knows me! i ALWAYS say "all in love is fair" and i believe it!

loved the random thoughts!! thank you for sharing.

Peace!

jendayi said...

If I wasn't so tired, I'd respond to each of you individually, but you know that I appreciate you all for reading!! I'll holla again soon (when I can catch my breath).

Anonymous said...

I really like this list. It's open, blunt, and honest. There are so many parts of this I can relate to. There is nothing wrong with saying no and/or being "selfish". Constantly putting things/people before yourself is going to harm you and you'll be of no good to yourself or the same people you're trying to protect/help.

Take that trip and either drink the wine or take the pills, but you certainly should go away with your girls. The library trip sounds lovely. I enjoy doing the same, but at Borders because at least I can drink some tea as I read and listen to my iPod.

All is all, you have to fall apart sometimes to rest and rebuild. Take some time out and God bless.

From BluJewel...blogger was acting shitty

Related Posts with Thumbnails