Thursday, August 06, 2009

Some Seriousness, Some Not So Serious

I completed my burgundy journal. I believed this is the 8th or 9th journal I've filled with my life's ramblings. As I topped off the last pages, I realized there would be no better time to start a new chapter. What a difference a year makes. This time last year, I was suffering through a heart ripping break-up. This year, I'm going through a different type of suffering. Long-suffering. I don't mind however. The blessings that have already come and will come from this situation will be enormous. I'm going through a test, and as far as I can see, remaining calm and collected will see me through. I will indeed prove Satan a liar. I will not live my life for selfish reasons as Satan said I would do. This new chapter of my life will be unlike any other. This new journal will be unlike any other. I'm praying that it'll be filled with thoughts that come from a better human being. A wiser human being. A mature and fully developed human being. Clearly my goal is to be a better person than I was last year - as should be the case everyday. With every new day, we should strive to be a better person than yesterday. Prayerfully, I can realize that goal, and as long as I keep the mind of Christ, I should be able to stay on course.

Enough of the seriousness. My sis and I played all Keri Hilson songs this morning while getting ready. Keri has quite a collection of work. The girl seriously has taken the world by storm. To go from "The Way I Are" to "Energy" to "Turning Me Off" to "Knock You Down", the girl is on fire! I'm looking forward to seeing what she does next. I hope she does something with "Intuition". I really like that song. And then there's Teedra Moses. I heard she's been in town recently. I've been missing a lot of performances lately because of my schedule. Mos Def, Bilal, and Eric Roberson were here last week. I have to get back on my live music game. I miss my sister's band Black Alley. Like actually miss hearing them. I guess that's where I'll be Sunday. At Indulj. Radiohead's "Rainbows" is an incredible album. It's pure musical genuis packaged in a plastic disc. Makes me wonder what other gems are out there that I don't know about.

It's raining today and I like it. Makes for a thoughtful day. A day for reflection. Today is Thursday. One more day until the weekend. Even though I have to work, Friday morning starts my weekend. It's all about the feeling. Knowing that relief is here means a better day. Saturday, Pooh and I are attending Erykah Badu's concert at Merriweather. Can't wait to experience that woman. You don't just watch her. You experience her. She takes you on a journey. It's going to be wonderful. Especially with Foreign Exchange there. Or was it Slum Village? One of the members of SV just passed away so I hope Foreign Exchange was the pick. SV is one of the greatest hip hop groups in my opinion. I wish them the best during this trial.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails