Monday, September 14, 2009

I Want That Old Girl Back

Who am I?

I have a hard time figuring out what looks right on me among a myriad of clothes. There are scratched up CDs in my armoire, my glove compartment, and in the basement. Missy is the worst right now with tree sap stamped all over her like small bullet holes. The Mama Jen that everyone once knew me as has died as I'm constantly inundated with advice from others. I don't know who I am anymore.

One would suggest that I re-define who I am because change is good. That's all good and well but what am I trying to re-define? Am I trying to get back what I used to be or am I turning into a whole new person? If my fierceness, my touch and my edge are all gone, do I try to get it back or just transform into something else? Truth of the matter is that I want that old girl back. I liked her. I knew her well. I was comfortable with her. She suited me like a perfectly tailored suit.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails