Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Now Enters Wisdom

It's important not to let other people distract you from your purpose if your purpose is a good one. Others will talk and rant and babble and even scream, but in the end, all you have is you and the road ahead. It's so easy to become hurt, embarrassed or disappointed when people can't keep their comments to themselves. You wonder why individuals can't just mind their own business and why your life is so important to them. You want to tell everyone to move along and get over what they think is a shocking revelation. But at the end of the day, people will be people. Nothing should stop you from keeping your senses and putting up with the craziness of others. It was the apostle Paul who told us to keep putting up with one another and to forgive freely because God freely forgave us. So as a Christian, that's what we do. We put up, forgive, keep our minds, and move on. Agape love will cover a multitude of crap.


I've learned that it's best to look out for the interest of others. Sometimes things are just too much for other people. Not everyone can handle the things that I can. So if it's not hurting me to keep things to myself, why not do so? I certainly don't want to stumble anyone. And what's ok for someone else, may not be ok for me. I am my own person (we are our own couple) and I (we) cannot ride on the coat tails of another individual (couple). Of course, coming to this conclusion is not easy. It takes calling to mind the things that I have learned over the years and in my studies. I takes application. It takes love. So I remember the things that will benefit me, I quiet my own heart in order to be mild, I open my eyes to everyone with a great outlook, and I say a prayer. That's the way it's going to be.

2 comments:

MJ said...

This blog is beautifully written... I (we) will definitely benefit from remembering this.

T.a.c.D said...

at the end of the day its between the two of you, no one else, the two of you and that's what matters.
i am praying not only for you but the two of you to remain strong as a couple and understand that a lot of times people just don't or won't get it and thats OK as long as the two people that matter DO get it! :) stay strong and remember to keep GOD and love IN and people OUT of your coupledom!

Related Posts with Thumbnails