Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Scriptural Aha Moment

You know how when you're down and crying, you tend to cry even harder when someone hugs you showing their care and concern? Well that just happened to me when I read this scripture in Colossians that says, "let the peace of the Christ control in your hearts..." My peace seems to be running away from me today, so I felt like Jehovah was reaching out to me at that very minute. And since the memorial of Jesus' death is right around the corner, the idea of the ransom sacrifice is on my mind. There's another scripture in Hebrews 4:14-16 that talks about how we have freeness of speech when it comes to talking to Jesus because we have as a savior not someone who can't sympathize with our weaknesses but one who went through the same tests we go through everyday. By coming to earth to die for us, Jesus can attest to how hard it is living in Satan's world all the while fighting to keep uplifted. I love Jesus for that! He is the bomb for doing that for me! And I am so happy that He knows how I feel and what I'm going through.

I say all that to say that it's clear Jehovah has my best interests at heart. I've been pretty strong since losing my job, and for some reason everything that I've been saying to myself about having faith in Jehovah's timing and the lessons that are meant for right now went right out the window this morning. But reading these scriptures recharges me and being allowed to talk to Jehovah through prayer because of Jesus leaves me thankful. I don't know where I would be if I couldn't pray and be heard by God. I'd be lying if I said everything was all good now, but I'm thankful for the reminder. I need these 'aha moments' to keep on coming to prevent me from falling too low.

I'm looking forward to showing my appreciation for the ransom sacrifice by being present at the Memorial on April 17th no matter what comes up. He said to 'keep doing this in remembrance of me' so I must do what the man says.  =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails