Friday, June 03, 2011

Bible Time

I believe that there's a lesson to learn about most situations, especially difficult ones. In my case, and in this moment right now, I believe my wits are being tested.

To be sure I'm using the right word, I looked up wits and the common phrase 'to be at one's wits ends' means to be overwhelmed with difficulties and at a loss as what to do next.

Yeah, that's it.

I'm not there yet. Thank Jehovah! But I can feel that struggle coming around the corner. Something's beginning to tug at me that I keep shaking off like an annoying gnat. To combat this test of wits, I've picked up in the volume of my prayers. The second half of praying though is to have faith that He hears me, so that's where I'm focusing most of my energy now. I can't say the I-know-everything-is-going-to-be-okay-because-God-loves-me concept has taken root in me yet, but I'm working on it. I know it's true, I just have to act like I know it's true.

Clearly, I need to get to studying. Bible time....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails