Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bedroom Transformation


Work is slowing down so guess what? I'm back. =) *Waving*

While I was away, the projects kept going so here's a look into what we've been doing with our biggest project right now.

I wish I had a before picture of the room... Actually, here's something. Ignore me in the pic but notice the color of our walls. Bland huh? The whole house was painted this one color when we purchased it. Slowly but surely we've been transforming each room.




So far, all we've done is paint and put up the bed. We had a chair in there, but I took it downstairs, so we're completely bare in here. Because the room is so manly and subdued right now, I feel the need to spruce it up a bit with some pillows and a rug. I also need a slipper chair or a club chair of some sorts where hubby can sit down and put lotion on. (Him plopping down on the bed when I'm sleeping is not working.) Here's my vision as far as textiles go. Coral, blue and gray. That's my combination. We're keeping the bedspread a plain ole white for contrast sake.

 

I'm also looking into other rugs that aren't so mathchy matchy like the above. What do you think about this combo? I absolutely LOVE that rug, but unfortunately it doesn't come in the size I need. I'm going to have to hunt for a look-a-like. 


I have to keep in mind that are carpet is beige. *thumbs down* If the floors were hardwood, this would be so much easier. Matching gray to beige can be a bit tricky.

Anyway, that's where I am right now. All the pillows are ordered. It's just the rug and the chair I need to focus on. After that, I need some art and then I can call this room complete. =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails