Monday, May 19, 2008

Robot

I'm a robot. On the F, V, B, D train. We're all robots. Navy, black, brown, grey and other dark, expensive suits. With crisp white and blue Brooks Brothers shirts/blouses. Ferragamo, Enzo Angiolini and Christian Louboutin shoes. Black leather briefcases from Calvin Klein or Coach. Louis Vuitton and Fendi bags. Burberry trenches and Tory Burch rainboots for bad days. It's always the same. Robots of the very high fashion kind. I never thought I could be so bored. Every day that I dress up for work, I wish that I hadn't. I looked down at my Enzo's and looked at my trench in the subway window and felt ridiculous. I'm so tired of standing/walking/riding with this sea of overpriced fashion hangers. Today, I lusted for originality. If I didn't have to wear a skirt tomorrow, I would dress for a reggae festival. Red, green and yellow t-shirt, ripped up jeans with some funky tennis shoes or flat sandals to match. Or like I'm coming straight out of the underground scene, obsessed with the color purple. I have these purple and grey tennis shoes that I still haven't worn, so I'ma find a purple sweater and wear my purple bangles and some purple eyeliner to make people look at me cock-eyed on the train that morning. Whatever it takes! I will NO LONGER be a robot!

3 comments:

Blu Jewel said...

I love it! As much as I do enjoy some good fashion, nothing beats personal style and originality. Studies have even indicated and proven that an employee in comfortable clothes are more productive.

when you rock that outfit, please post a pic.

Love!

T.a.c.D said...

i can't do the suit thing...not every single day of my life and pumps...so not me...that's why i know i am meant to be in non-profit or own my own business or be in education because i need to have my personality in my clothes...i GOTS to be funky! HA!

DC to BC said...

lol you guys are some rich ass robots.

but after a while, that's what new york does for you. makes you get on that fly shit because you gotta stand out someway. except that everyone is throwing so much money down on these brands that the dude with a white tee and some jeans stands out. and that reggae outfit?! i wore it the other day. no luck. 2 dudes on the same car were rocking it, and a little more rugged, too. i lost.

Related Posts with Thumbnails