Thursday, May 01, 2008

Fun Times

One thing Essence is good for is some champagne toasts. Whether things are going well, someone valuable leaves the company or we win an award, you can be sure there will be champagne. So we have two toasts this week. Fun Times!

The new June issue was tossed on my desk when I walked in yesterday. I always love getting the fresh first bound copy. It excites me. Anything new that speaks on fashion, beauty and the like excites me. (Speaking of, have you heard of a magazine called Mini? Fashionistically Fabulous!) Fun Times!

Tomorrow, Ronnie, Em and I are going to this networking social event. I'm excited about it because it reminds me a lot of back home. (Did I just say back home?!) I haven't been to a mixer in a while, let alone one in NY, so I'm looking forward to it. Fun Times!

My work week will be short next week. I'm leaving bright and early Thursday morning to join my sis, mom, dad, 4 grandparents, and bf for my sis's weekend graduation celebration. I seriously cannot wait for this. I've never wanted to walk around a huge campus in the heat of the summer in a dress and high heels while mingling with stuck-up, stiff people so badly in my life. Little sis is going to make an itinerary of all of the dinners, graduations and activities which undoubtedly will be cute. I can't wait! Fun Times!

And then the next weekend after that, Kanye, RiRi, NERD, and Lupe in Philly! More Fun Times!

And THEN, a full weekend in LA at the end of the month will be spent falling back in love with everyone that I left!! Even More Fun Times!!! *giggles*

Have a good weekend everyone! Happy MAY!

4 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

Happy May for you indeed! Sounds wonderful!

Jenn Will said...

Tell lil sis i said CONGRATS!! And the family hello!

Yay, for networking events...yep you haven't been to one since you were "back home" (I LOVE IT!!). You know us LA YBP (young black professionals) love to mix and mingle. And tell Ronnie I said hi!

Ms. Confessions said...

Same to you :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're having a blast! That's great to hear lady :-) And I LOVE your company perks!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails