Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Writing

I love to write, but writing without some sort of drama, turmoil, stress or angst can sometimes be uninspiring. I guess that's a good problem to have, no?

I'm interesting in making a coffee table book. I've been putting together some of my best blogger posts for some time now but I need more content. With a drama-free life though, I'm at a loss. You might suggest that I write about happiness, joy and love, but for some reason, those topics are forced. When I was escapading life as a single woman, I had so much to speak on. My experience inspired me. Surface-level prose was limited and I often wrote from the deepest holes in my heart. How do I tap back into that as a writer? How do I create that when everything is as calm as calm could be? I wonder how writers step outside of theirselves and create dramatic fiction that has nothing to do with their lives. I need a writing class.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails