Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Realizations and Personal Progression

Thanks for all the lovely comments on the last post guys! This house is truly a blessing and I am too excited about it!

I'm now beginning to understand why people actually want fix it projects when looking for homes. As hubby and I finish one little thing after another, I get this wonderful sense of accomplishment that I've never felt before. It's quite enthralling! And as weird as this sounds, I love the fact that we're not done yet. It's the transformation. That's what it is. The transformation that's happening in front of my eyes is so exciting. Who would have thunk it?!

I'm also figuring out that we make a pretty good team. Hubby is very hardworking and darn near Mr. Fix It! I'm actually very impressed with his skills so far. He's never had to really use his drill, lug nuts, wrench, etc for the condo so this is an exploratory picture for me. I'm so glad I married him. I don't know what I would do with a husband that couldn't hammer a nail. But anyway, back to what I was saying. Hubby does the big stuff and I'm like the little robot that comes after him and handles all the little details. He paints the wall, I paint all the corners. I tape up the little nooks and crannies on the banister and he paints it. He says that I crack the whip and he does, but I'm not that bad. Lol. I promise. What it is is that I'm the designer in our team and he is the contractor. So naturally the direction comes from me. But I assure you that there is no whip being used in the re-designing of our house. =)  Renovating the house is bringing us closer together. I like it.

As for the renovation update:

We finished painting the kitchen/dining area the light blue I chose. Here are a few pics.




We also went ahead and painted the mud room in the light grey right off the garage right quick. The main floor of the house is completely void to allow for the paid contractors to demo and re-do our floors. I can't wait to see what it's going to look like. I'll be sure to take pics for updates. Once the floors and the molding is done, I'll be ready to decorate. There will still be a few details to handle like getting new wall plates to get rid of those yucky plastic white ones


 door knobs so we can trash the gold 80's style ones





and light fixtures so I can stop looking at what I call the tittie/boob light. You know which one I'm talking about. That one right below. Doesn't it look like a breast?!

Here's the pendant that I chose for over the sink. I don't know about the other ones yet.


So yeah, I'm as happy as a flea on dog's hair. It's amazing what tickles me at this age in comparison to two years ago. Good stuff!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Was wondering you got the new light you picked for above your sink? I LOVE it! Thanks :) Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails