Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Happy Grind

My family is about to drive me absolutely crazy. Lol. It's been 3 days since I accepted the job at Essence and I get four or five phone calls every single day asking me how I'm getting home, what I'm packing, what I'm selling, when my last day is, which family member I'm going to stay with.... AAAHHHHH!! Okay. I know you guys are excited but dag! My response is not going to change much from day to day so please, CHILL. I'm not leaving until the the 5th! =) I love my family.

On the real though, I have a lot to do. I'm filling out all these forms, digging up old tax returns so I can fill out my W-4 right, reminding myself to take my passport to work so I can photocopy it and send to Human Resources for proof of citizenship. Phew! Direct Deposit forms. References. Notaries. Leasing Office Notifications. Address Change Forms. This is a lot. My to do lists and calendar have to be TIGHT. I'ma try to get as much done as early as possible. Hopefully I'll have everything done even before my last day, so I can tigh up lose ends on my week off. Your whole mind frame changes when you give a job two weeks notice. I can't even focus on work. I'm too busy writing to do lists and answering my family members 150,000 questions! =) But these 2 or 3 weeks are going to go by REALLY fast. So it's off to the grind! A Happy Grind!

9 comments:

Enigma said...

First time commenting but I had to say Congratulations!! Do your thing girl, do your thing.

Nikita

jendayi said...

thanks enigma. and thank you for stopping by.

Chari said...

Congrats again girl! Do your thang!!

Ananda said...

Enjoy the happy grind as you come back to the east coast.... Big Apple Lady... Gotham City Diva.

T.a.c.D said...

does totally sound like a grind, but like you said, a happy grind...so that my dear is a woderful thing...the time will totally go by fast...so do what you gotta do, but make sure to take the time to enjoy your last little bit of time on the West Coast...take the time to enjoy those who you have come to know and love before you move on...again this is GREAT!

Deja~I~Am said...

i'm one of those family members!! lol. CAR!

Vickilyn said...

Girl I was in that same situation a few mos ago. . . a lot of questions being asked. . .and no answers . . . it's a lot, just check one thing off at a time.

jendayi said...

one day at a time...

Anonymous said...

West Coast To East Coast! Happy Grind---> ON!

Related Posts with Thumbnails