Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Lady of Essence

I am the newest team member of Essence Magazine! Hooraaaayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! =) After USAirways lost my luggage, which forced me to walk into the interview of my life without a suit on, makeup on my face, or bounce and curl to my hair, I managed to pull it together AND LAND THE JOB OF MY DREAMS! How amazing is that?! After a year of rejection from Mattel, Sony, Disney, and a whole slew of other con-j.a.c. companies, I have finally made it. I made it ladies and gentleman! I've truly made it!!!!

The stupid airline still has not found my luggage, but that's okay. I'm going to milk them for all they're worth. LOL. I itemized everything that was in my suitcase and it looks like they'll be giving me a fat reimbursment check. Yep! Most of my items were purchased from Banana Republic, Nine West, Victoria's Secret, Aldo, Macy's, American Eagle Outfitters, Ralph Lauren, H&M, Maybelline, Cover Girl and Revlon, so you KNOW I'm about to get paid. Can you believe that they are not liable for jewelry? My cartouche...my favorite birthstone ring...costume jewelry. Gone. They should compensate me for the emotional meltdown I had when they told me that my suitcase was lost! You know I cried. But once I realized that I had bigger things to accomplish, I refocused my energy. I had no choice!


The fact of the matter is that I got my job!!!! Nothing can stop me! Didn't Satan know?!! The Devil is messing with the wrong one!

New York here I come!!

20 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

Yes honey the devil IS a liar!!!
I am so so so, did i say SO proud of you and HAPPY for you!!!
To hear that you dealt with all of that and STILL pulled it together and did your thang is AWESOME!
this is a beginning of a new chapter in your life...let's GET it!!!!

jendayi said...

I can't stop cheesing! Thank you sincerely!

Blu Jewel said...

I am so incredibly happy for you lady. That is such great news. You aced the interview in the raw (sans makeup etc) which means they truly saw you for YOU. Hit me up when you get to the east coast, I'm less than 2 hrs from the city.

B.m.W said...

I'm so proud of you...pull a cheek muscle! You deserve it all :)

Deja~I~Am said...

when you don't check your luggage at baggage your supposed to pick it up on the ramp after the flight. It's probably still at the layover

jendayi said...

Muchas gracias amigos.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's really fantastic to get the opportunity to do something you've dreamed of. I wish you much success and happiness in NY!

jendayi said...

Thanks Reecie. You're next right?! Get your butt back to Boston!! lol.

K.C. said...

Girl, Satan just don't know! :)

Anonymous said...

Yep...I'll be in Boston by the summer at the latest...possibly sooner. I guess the East Coast is where it's at now! lol

Shai said...

Congrats that is so awesome.

Vickilyn said...

OH MY GOD!!!! I am truly happy for you! (Sad that you won't be here in the QC). . .but SUPER CRUNK about visiting/supporting u in the Big Apple!!!!! Congratulations!
Give Jenn a HUGE HUG. . .I know she's gonna need it!!!! Go girl!

Thesis said...

:-D
I'm sure you already know how I feel. We'll catch up and do dinner when next I'm in NYC in the future. Till then, keep makin' it happen.

Ya Boi & Recruiter,

~Thesis

Unknown said...

That's big! Congratulations!!

jendayi said...

Thank you! =)

Chari said...

CONGRATS GIRL!!!! See how good God is!!!???

jendayi said...

sure do! Thanks Mystery.

KayB said...

Wow! Congratulations! That is so exciting!

Ananda said...

Congratulations Essence lady... So sorry about the luggage. You are inspiring for holding it all together. Enjoy the new position. Travel safely. Peace and Abundance, Ananda

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I am so proud of you!!!! SOOOOO PROUD!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails