Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Ran-Dumb Thoughts

Today's a brand new day, and to be honest with you, I can't wait for it to be over. These 9 excruciating hours at work seem to go by SOOOO slow. Honestly, there's no point in me being here, except to go on the lunch that my executive mentor is taking me on. But for a pass from work, I'd even give that up.

I was an absolute couch potato yesterday afternoon. Watching the Project Runway marathon was so calming. After PR, I watched a little Dancing With the Stars (which I can't really get into this season for some reason), Girlfriends, The Game and then The Hills. I love those shows. The Monday night line-up is great for me. There are so many shows on tv though. I have to put the shows in my phone as appointments just so I won't forget what comes on. What comes on tonight by the way?

The cruise is 2 months away. I don't want to shop for it but I may just have to. Although I must have a week's worth of fabulous summer outfits in my closet already. Most of the trip will be spent in a swimsuit and a cover up so I shouldn't need that much. As a matter of fact, I over-packed for my last cruise. I might just get a dress, a pair of nice linen pants and call it a day. I'm moving across the country in a couple of weeks for goodness sakes...without relocation help...so there's not much money to spend.

Last night right after turning off my tv, I called baby boi. In old fashioned girlie-emotional-random style, I asked him how he felt about the relationship. His reply was, "It's straight." I swore I heard crickets while waiting for him to say more, which never happened. Then he said, "how do you know I'm in the right mind frame to answer your question right now?" Oh word?! Ha! Fine. That's Absolutely Fine. Ladies and gentleman, please answer this for me. Is it easier to "get in the right mind frame" and answer a pms-ing woman's question or spit out a annoyingly brief response worthy of the dirt on the bottom of my shoe along with a insanely ridiculous man-question? Yes, a man-question. There is such a thing. I guess this is the part where a man doesn't know how to express his feelings and a woman asks an out-of-the-blue emotional question with expectations. Such is relationships.

I have John Legend's "Once Again" ringing in my headphones. I haven't heard this in a while. It's a great CD but I'm not sure if it's what I'm in the mood for. I don't know what I'm in the mood for right now. Let's see what I have on my computer here at work... Do I want to hear a little Radiohead, Tank, Common, Roisin Murphy, Swizz Beatz...? There are too many options. Perhaps I'll go to Musicovery, which plays music based on your mood. Eh. Not really feeling that particularly because I have no idea what my mood is. Dah well. Johnny Boy it is.

I was freezing in bed last night! I don't know why I didn't put on some long pajama bottoms being that it's winter time. Tank tops and shorts do NOT cut it anymore.

I may not go to the meeting tonight. I know I should, but I just don't feel like it. It is only 7:36 in the morning. I have time to change my mind.

You know what I wish I was doing right now? Taking a ballet class or sitting in a photography studio reviewing my shots. Is anyone watching that reality tv show "The Shot" on VH1? The contestants take some amazing photos. I'm learning a lot. New York's going to be a great backdrop for my hobby.

I turn 25 tomorrow. You know what my mom said to me yesterday? "Wow. You're going to be 27 or 28 when you get married!" Lol. Thanks mother. =) Oddly enough, I'm willing to wait. Truth be told, I'm not ready to get married. I have a whole new life ahead of me. Plus, baby boi is no where near ready either.

I wish I could right forever considering I don't have anything else to do today. I might have to give 3 posts today to keep from dying of boredom. =) Holla!

4 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

you have a lot going on...i know all to well about those random emotional questions, but boy oh boy let us (as women) not answer their emotional "man-questions" all hell breaks lose...so i feel you...
tomorrow is the light at the end of the tunnel is what this all to wise sistah/friend of mines told me...so i'll tell you that...
and 27-28 getting married, hell i AM 27 and am NO where near there...and you know what i am just NOT going to worry about it anymore...

life is for living...so let's just live it day by day as best as we can...who gives a flying fart about marriage and kids, its not gonna happen tomorrow or the next day it'll happen when its supposed to happen...

so embrace the 25th year and love you, love life, and most of all keep you LOVE for Jehovah GOD because with and in him it'll all work out, even when we nor our mommas can see it...

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

I'm so feeling you on the man-question piece. As far as work, You have alot coming up, so you deserve a little peace.

Keep blogging until the day is done!! LOL

Chari said...

Happy early birthday!

I would have preferred for him to say I don't want to talk about it right now.

And....enjoy your cruise honey!!

Ananda said...

happy b-day. enjoy the cruise. and take care of yourself as you move through all of your changes.... peace, ananda

Related Posts with Thumbnails