Thursday, March 13, 2008

Before I Run To Duane Reade...

Thank God for new music. I've completely fallen in love with a couple of new CDs, so I'm comfortably distracted. For a while at least. There's nothing like discovering new a song. You're hypnotized for 3 days at least. Nothing else in the world matters. I love it.

My job is breaking my back. Overwhelmed isn't even the word to describe how I feel. Monday, I almost freaked, but in true j.a.c. style, I held it together. My mother told me that I'm the manager of my own work load. Not everyone can have everything at the same time, so they must wait. And that's my m.o. I have a few pricings to work on today, but I'm not going to kill myself like I did earlier this week. I have a right to take lunch dangit.

Spring officially begins in a week. Not that that really means much for NY, but it means that there's a rainbow on the other side. There's a light at the end of the tunnel. Speaking of light, I miss it! These buildings are too dang tall! I haven't seen a cloud in forever! One thing I've learned is to never take nature for granted. Parks with acres of green grass, huge and old matronly trees, and dirt paths... I'm really looking forward to going home and getting out of the city for a hot sec. It's exciting here, but not that exciting.

I need to do some journaling. It appears that I choose to crack my journal open in distressing times only. If I look back on the last few entries, there's nothing light. I'm always trying to figure something out - doing some mighty soul searching. I need to log the good times too right? Talk about a few of the things I'm grateful for.

I need to get my butt back in dance class. I haven't been in quite awhile due to work and laziness. It's funny because I thought I might gain a few more pounds living with my aunt, since she's always cooking, but nope. I'm the same size as always. I wonder when it's going to catch up with me though. It just has to. I know it.

I got my tickets for the Philly show of the Glow In The Dark tour last night. I hate the responsibility of keeping these tickets. What if I forget them?! What if I forget where I put them?! One thing is for sure..my peers will hate me. Well, I am going home soon. I'll just take babykace her tickets so I won't be held responsible. Perfect.

April is going to be a dull month. No trips. No holidays. Just 30 days of work. Booooo.

Oh hey! Guess what? I got over my shopping fix! I'm not quite sure how because I didn't even really shop. I bought a dress and that's it! So I'm really happy that it was only a passing feeling. I'm sure it'll be back, but at least I have peace for a while. And once I get my clothes in and out of the cleaners, I'll have a whole new and fresh wardrobe to work with! Can't wait!

Have a good day peoples.

3 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

don't break your back or your sanity trying to do it ALL...i totally agree that we are the manager's of our own work load...i am learning that as long as you can honestly say what's going on it helps! if you have a supervisor that you can talk to and express how you feel, overwhelmed do so...

glad you are over your shopping fix, there are just so many pairs of shoes and so many bags and so many dresses...ahhh well...

i am enjoying my journaling and i think i will start writing out the positive stuff too

peace

Chari said...

Good day!

Don't hurt yourself at work.

Jenn Will said...

Girl I tell you, I got online tonight to talk about how music is getting me through right now too. It really is a blessing-without it I'd be a mess!
Good for you and setting the shopping aside. I think I'm ONLY going to buy one dress and one pair of shoes this weekend! Just one of each-lol.
To be fair re: DK I haven't listened to the CD in the car yet, and really I can't truly gauge a CD until I've heard it bang in the whip. (rap talk-is how I do now...lol).

Related Posts with Thumbnails