Friday, March 07, 2008

Fresh & Sexy

As Will and Jada say, you have to keep a relationship "Fresh & Sexy". We’ve all hit the slump before, when starring into one another’s eyes still holds “promise,” but it’s not something we can’t spend the entire afternoon doing anymore. Last night, I was asked how to keep it "Fresh & Sexy" and I wasn't awake enough to answer. So in an attempt to educate myself and others, I did a little research this morning. Here's some information that I found. But before I do that, I would like to point out that we shouldn't be so suprised when "the spark" leaves a relationship. We're human, it's natural and regrettably very normal in long term relationships. Consider it the next phase as opposed to the end. Rather than giving up, take comfort in the fact that it happens to everyone and that we can get through it. You are either sure you love one another or you're not. If love is still there, there's hope. So here we go.

"Don't get into a routine of going to the same place every time you go out. Try new things and new places. Try different restaurants, walk beach at night, or pull the ultimate surprise and cook dinner for her. If you keep mixing things up it will be a constant thrill for her to be dating you and it will make the relationship much more fun and enjoyable."

"One of the simplest things that one can do to prevent the passion from slipping away in your relationship is to care about your own appearance and hygiene. I mean, you have to care about how you look if you want your partner to care. That only makes sense. Doesn’t it?"

"Plan time for each other on a daily basis to keep the spark of passion from going out, and to get it back if you have lost it. Everyone has the same 24 hours in a day and the couples that last are the ones that take time for each other and don’t make excuses."

"Sometimes just the idea of a romantic vacation together can help to spark your relationship. Just take the time out on an afternoon and sit together making a list of places that you want to go together. This kind of daydreaming together helps solidify the relationship and make each partner feel more secure, which leads to greater intimacy."

Here are some I've thought of:
Play a game
Read a book together
Do something fun and crazy
Compliment one another
Learn something new about your partner
Give your partner a gift
Have a pillow fight
Leave love notes
Flirt
Celebrate the anniversary of when you first met
Go to a dumb movie and make out in the theatre
Be silly together
Send letters via snail mail

How do you keep your relationship "Fresh & Sexy"? Even if you're not in one, add to the list! Let's see what you got!

2 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

i think its easy to just get into a routine of things...so i have just suggested that we have DATE NIGHT at least once a month...not just getting up and hanging out and running errands and stuff...but getting dressed up and going out somewhere different and fun...its hard right now since our schedules are so tight, BUT i guess you just like you said have to find ways...

also reading books together is another way to keep it different

Chari said...

Hey, I never thought to send a letter in the mail.

I was thinking of sending him a surprise gift though. He would love that.

I like flirting...that keeps it fresh and he knows that I am still attracted to him.

This is really simple but,
I think he really appreciates that I support him and I say and show it.

I send texts saying I love you and miss you. -I need to get back to my flirty texts. lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails