Thursday, April 24, 2008

Honeymoon Over

When I walked out of the rush hour crowd and into work this morning, I felt a little twinge of "Aww man! Do I HAVE to?" *Sigh* Yes, ladies and gentlemen...I believe the honeymoon period is over. =( I am no longer that excited, wet behind the ears, new employee that I used to be when I walked into the building here at Rockefeller Center on December 10, 2007. But that's okay. The way that I'm feeling is about right for the time frame that I've been here. Five plus months...almost half a year...and I'm just beginning to feel this way. Not bad.

My co-workers are dynamic people. Absolutely wonderful. I admire the people who work here as well as the magazine (which won Magazine of the Year by the way - WooHoo!) The ethic/aura/culture of this magazine and this office is something that I really believe in and can actually get with. This is the first corporate job I've had where I feel on the same page as the job itself. HOWEVER (and this is when reality hits), I know that I cannot crunch numbers for the rest of my life. IT IS ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE. Just thinking about the financial models, monthly close and metrics that I need to work on today makes me tired. Lord Help Me!

So now that I feel this way, what I'm praying for is that I don't get SO tired, that I start despising my job. I remember how it feels wanting to be sick everyday to ditch work. Anytime you wish you have a blazing tempature, a horrible cough, a pounding headache and food poisoning all to avoid work, something is extremely wrong. So PALEASE God, help me not to get there. But this is a good thing because through the various jobs I've had, corporate and otherwise, I now know what my true calling is. I won't share what that is at this time though. That's a separate blog for a different time. So to all those who love there jobs with all their heart, to those who would do what they do for free...GOD BLESS YOU. I too will be there someday.

I'm going home this weekend to get all of my spring/summer clothes. I can't wait.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails