Thursday, April 03, 2008

One Of Those Days

You know how there are days when all you care to listen to are sad songs to help you wallow in your less than perky mood? Well today's one of those days. There's this particular song that I listen to all the time, and thought that I understood. It's not a hard song to pick up, but the lyrics came crashing down on me this morning as I got ready for work. I felt like I could have been Teedra Moses herself, sitting in the living room as she felt the emotions and penned one of my favorite songs on her album. "take me back to the day when you made me fall....i need you to take me there tonight." Sweeping waves of feelings struck me in the heart as Teedra's heart wrenching ad libs rang in my ears... So it's one of those days.

If I could be anywhere in the world right now, I would sit next to the fountain in the park on Carson and Del Amo. One of California's many tiny, man-made parks. I used to visit that park when I wanted to think hard or escape my thoughts, cry or be happy, relax or write my hand off in my journal. I miss that park.

2 comments:

Chari said...

Hopes you feel better soon! :)

Anonymous said...

It's crazy. I was so feeling the same way yesterday. I hope today is better for ya dollface!

Related Posts with Thumbnails