Friday, April 04, 2008

Runway Fashion

I've finally taken a moment to tune into last February's Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week for Fall 2008 and I must say that I'm hypnotized. I can watch runway shows all day long if allowed. I thoroughly enjoyed the marathon of shows. It was slightly weird focusing on Fall 2008 fashions though when the Spring wardrobe isn't quite in full effect yet (at least not on the east), so I took it back and viewed the Spring 2008 collections also. Again, I was hypnotized.

Here are few of my favorites. (click the on the designers names to see the runway shows)

Monique Lhuillier - So So So Pretty. I don't know what else to say but How Divine! I'm loving the gowns. And the music couldn't be more perfect. Note to self - Sheer and ruffles are THE thing.

Diane von Furstenberg - This lady is one of my favorite designers. There's something so incredibly feminine but strong about this woman's work. And I love how she turned what would normally be fall safari items into spring/summer safari items. Absolutely loved the green top with the white pants. Note to self - Get some scarfs!

Gottex - Check out the swimwear!! I didn't think you could do anything new with swimwear until I saw this. This man is really creative. Note to self - One pieces are IT. (For some rather strange swimwear, check out Rosa Cha.)

J. Mendel - I really like this line because it's so down to earth. Down to earth for j.a.c., that is. A lot of the beginning pieces are close to what I would wear everyday. The line is very polished. And I love the fact that everything looks great with flats.

Zac Posen - THE MAN OF THE SEASON. Zac's spring line is off the hook. The ruffles! The skirts! The feathers! Oh My! We've even had the pleasure of seeing a few of his items on celebrities such as Rihanna and Natalie Portman. If you decide to watch the show, make sure you check out the surprise ending! Sick!

What do you think? Did you find a designer that you liked?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just can't warm to Gottex (whatever about Rosa Cha).

i'll take Letarte any day. funny thing is i sell swimwear all day long and still can't afford the stuff.

here's to hoping!

Anonymous said...

I’m sitting here drinking my favorite Houston Beer, listening to my iTunes, while surfing around on Digg, StumbleUpon and Mixx. Also, tagging a few sites in Del.icio.us. It’s been a productive day/nite. But, I’m currently thinking to myself, what the hell am I doing thats productive!? Seriously?

Yes, I’m finding cool stuff, which I have emailed around to friends and family, as well as some dj’s at a local Houston Radio Station. I’m digging, thumbing up, tagging and bookmarking every site I come across. Slowly shaping the internet in my own special way

Related Posts with Thumbnails