Thursday, June 12, 2008

Essence/Toyota Event

Last night, my job had an event in partnership with Toyota called "If Looks Could Kill". (see Bossip post here) (and Brown Sista post here) (and YBF's take) Toyota has spent much of their effort on marketing the 2009 Camry towards African-American women, hence the partnership with Essence. Check out the online component of the campaign here. PR Weekly said this about the site. "[It] includes a series of videos that feature a resourceful fashion designer and Camry driver involved in an espionage plot. Users can navigate within the 3D scene to play along with the adventure, picking up clues to assist the main character, and potentially winning 1,000 prizes over the course of the campaign." I haven't checked it out yet, but it looks fun.

So Alexis Phifer of Ghita (also Kanye West's ex) and Keyshia Cole provided our entertainment and I have two observations. I bumped into Alexis on my way out to lunch and boy was she short. Who would've known?! Two - Keyshia Cole was surprisingly GORGEOUS! Not that I ever thought she wasn't pretty, but in person she's remarkable. Of course she was wearing a Diane von Furstenberg dress. And I hated her for that. lol. Here are a few pics from the event below.


















5 comments:

Blu Jewel said...

great pix. love the Toyota Event trailer.

Love!

T.a.c.D said...

you are really live it up Mocha Sex & the City Style...my loves that! glad you had a GREAT time...and yes boo Ke...i so love that woman though...and i pretty much thought Alexis was short because Kanye is all of MY HEIGHT....

the camry is tight, but anything i bought new at this point would HAVE to be a hybrid...but they have that too so they are covered

jendayi said...

Toyota has a hybrid?! Didn't know that.

The website game thing is cool ya'll. Play the game!

K.C. said...

keyshia got some new teeth

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I saw these pics on YBF and wondered if you got the chance to check out this event. I knew Kanye was short, but it just didn't click to me that Alexis probably isn't all tall as I would've thought becauase she towered over Kanye.

Keyshia Cole just got her grill fixed and it definitely makes her look much more radiant. Anyway, are you going to Essence Fest?

Related Posts with Thumbnails