Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Good Morning New York

So I'm official. I've managed to move, settle in and start my new job. It's still all a bit odd to me, but that feeling will go away soon. You know what though? The one thing I've noticed since I've stepped off the plane is that everyone is so fabulously dressed! (That would be the first thing I notice huh?) The tailored coats, the bags and the boots..Oh My! I feel like I need to step my game up. And it doesn't help that I work at a fashion and beauty magazine. The caliber of grooming and dressing has increased! These people are SHARP! Do you hear me? SHARP. So yes, I must accentuate my wardrobe with long leather gloves, special accessories, the perfect headgear for every coat, special shoes, unique tights, and more fabulous bags. And of course, I must keep my hair done at all times. I'm feeling kind of pressured, but I love it. What girl who loves to shop wouldn't appreciate the pressure to step her game up?

On another note, I'm excited about what the future holds. I think this change is going to prove great. My relationship with baby boi will strengthen, I'll gain more experience in a field I admire, Jehovah and I will become closer, and my finances will be able to exhale. This is going to be good ya'll. Really good.

I hope all is well on everyone else's side. It looks like I'll be in before my manager and co-workers, so I hope to check in on everyone a bit more frequently. Bisou Bisou! (Kiss Kiss)

9 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

wll alright! just what i like to hear!!! makes me smile, its good to literally FEEL the smiles and the joy coming from you!!! its a blessing in deed...I feel you, maybe i should feel pressured to step it up...I think i think i just might...here's to you!

jendayi said...

Well thank you miss TC!! And here's to you and stepping up your game as well. Cheers!

B.m.W said...

Do it, Do it! I know how you feel to be on a morning high. I just realized I got a lot of money coming in...the settlement for my motorcycle accident, upcoming tax refund...and I also realized, how slow am I, that I didn't include 2 paychecks in my annual budget. HOLLA!!! I also might get away from the cold of the Chi on a project in San Diego...praise God!

Keep that mojo up, J!

Chari said...

I was just about to ask how things were going with you!!

Glad to see you are enjoying the change. Many blessings on your journey!!

Ms. Confessions said...

Congrats on your new adventure!

Don't hurtem' too hard out there :)

Eb the Celeb said...

Welcome to the big apple from a harlem chick... not the perfect time to move from LA though since its probably gorgeous there and about to get super cold here... but there's no city like NYC... so I guess there's a trade off in the respect!!!

Anonymous said...

Kiss Kiss Dollface!! I'm glad you made it safely and you will definitely be up on your wardrobe game...I'm sure of it!!

Kawana Aminata Oliver said...

Nice post Gurl ;-)

Ananda said...

jac sistalove. enjoy the new sweetness of your nyc life. sending you lots of love and light. peace, ananda

Related Posts with Thumbnails