Saturday, July 19, 2008

Friday Night

This is one of those nights where I wish I had my own place. I just had a nice glass of wine which I'm definitely feeling. Got my hair loose. A nice summer night's breeze is coming through the window. The lights are out, with a faint glow from the kitchen light and my labtop. Got Usher's "Love You Gently" on in the background. Mmmm... Man! If I had my own spot, this would be the night where I would light candles, put on one of my many sexy slow jams mix CDs, throw on a little chemise, dance sensually in front of the mirror, and pour myself yet another glass of wine. No man would be necessary cuz that's not really what this is about. This is about me. A Friday night for myself to relax and shake off the effects of the week. Zone out to something smooth all the while radiating beautifully from within. I remember how it used to be when I had my own place. Right there in little ole' Lakewood. When I met Maxwell from my stereo for an evening of womanhood. When I met another me in my studio. If I only had my own place...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i feel you...i can listen to that man for hours on end. wish i had my old place back too, so i could have a night to myself. not a night where you dress to impress or doll yourself up for a man...just relaxation, music, and the breeze...

Chari said...

Sounds nice..ahhhh. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails