Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ran-dumb Thoughts

Today was a pretty chill day.
Got my hair cut again.
It's shorter than my normal so this time it should last a while.
My hair grows so fast.
I won't dare trust my cut to anyone but my mom's hairdresser.
If anyone else puts scissors to my hair, I will scream.
You never know, you know?
People can jack you up if they don't know what they're doing.
My hairdresser in NY is perfect for a wash and style.
That's it.
Oh and good conversation.
He's the first stylist that I've actually talked to while in the chair.
I've never had conversation in beauty parlors before.
Maybe because I was too young to get into grown people's business.
But I'm grown now.
Speaking of grown, my parents asked me if I wanted to rent their house with my little sister.
I told them I would pass on that.
Now that I've lived everywhere with everyone, I feel I'm too grown to think about moving in with my little sister.
I'm tired of living with everyone.
It's time I get my own.
And as soon as I leave NY, that's what I'll do.
I'm looking forward to my future.
But I want to be careful not to live for it.
I've done that and it really didn't get me anywhere.
I was always focusing on where I should be at age so and so, failing to enjoy the moment.
At this point in my life, I'm happy.
I'm getting back in touch with how I used to feel during my single years in LA.
Free, fun, spiritual, and fly!
There's nothing like feeling you're on top of the world.
I can attribute much of that feeling to being home.
Whenever I come back to the house I grew up in, I feel so comfortable and myself.
There are no pretenses.
I'm not trying to put on a particular face.
I don't have to work on anything.
It's just me.
And the people I love.

Tomorrow is the Sistahs Speak workshop.
I'm looking forward to it.
I hope that we don't come away disturbed. lol.
If you take the group of us, 10 or 12 individuals in all, we've all been so jacked up.
Broken engagements, deceitful boyfriends, self-esteem issues, lonliness....
It's all so much.
But it's nothing that we can't get through.
Hopefully.
Speaking for myself only, I know that I'm alright.
I know that I will be alright.
If I just stay close to Jehovah, remain busy, and dedicate my time to others, I'll be good.
And then all of a sudden, everything will fall into place.
And then I'll look back and wonder what I was crying for.

I just heard my dad do one of his loud snores.
All the way down the hallway!
Little sis must be sleep too because I haven't seen her since I stepped in the house.
Or she might be on the phone with her bf.
Mom is downstairs wrapped up in a blanket in front of the tv.
She's so funny.
Talkin about how she has insomia now.
That woman is always diagnosing herself with something.
And don't let her see Dr. Oz or hear a health report on Oprah.
Man!
"Well, Dr. Oz said..."
*Rolling my eyes* (only over the phone, of course)
Alright... she's calling me.
Wants me to see Michelle Williams sing.
Nite people.

2 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

it was good seeing you

Ms. Confessions said...

I don't play either when it comes to the hair cuts,lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails