Monday, July 20, 2009

Mid-Year Reflections

Can you believe half of the year is already over? I did a search for goals in my inbox and came across the post I did regarding 2008 year end reflections. click here. I'm in the middle of putting together some goals for the next month and I couldn't but help to re-read this post and think about what I was looking forward to in 2009. Pointedly, that was "Move. Buy. Get spiritual. Get creative. Love." Being that we are seven months into 2009, it might be a good time to see how I'm coming along with those goals.
Move. This part is done. I really enjoy being back in Maryland. There is no place like home. Being older and wiser, I've come to enjoy being back at home with my parents. They are truly nice and fun people. Home is also serving as a safeguard for me at a time when being on my own may not be the best move. I need to avoid compromising situations at all costs right now. Living at home can assist in that regard. That appropriately leads me into the second goal. Buy. I'm not sure what to do about that yet. I've mulled over it a couple of times and a clear answer still has not yet come to me considering my current situation and potential future.

Get spiritual. I've grown more in the last seven months than I expected. The brothers and sisters in my congregation have been praising me for my maturity and advancement lately. It's a very good feeling and I'm interested in keeping that going.

Get creative. Eh. This comes in spurts. The last creative thing I did was a random photography shoot at Kace's Black Alley band rehearsal. That was a lot of fun, but I wonder how long it's going to take me to do something fun like that again. I'm surely not consistent when it comes to being creative. I have pledged to start writing more though, and that's been going well. I need more creative writing ideas though. Perhaps I'll write a story. Which reminds me. I need to buy a new journal.

Love. I've become really pensive about this subject. Especially when it comes to romantic love. Agape love, familial love and loving myself have come very easy lately. This undoubtedly ties to the amount of spiritual progress I've made. I'm looking forward to romantic love but it's not something I'm rushing into. There's so much to come and I'm just riding the wave.

So here's to mid year goals.

Spirituality
1. Create a study schedule to allow for the review of deeper things. I don't want to leave all my studying for the train. I will devise a schedule before the month is out.
2. Continue doing what I'm doing well - preparing for and attending meetings, commenting at least once, and prayer.
3. Become more effective in the ministry. This is the hardest one for me. I'll need a lot of prayer for this one.

Health and Exercise
1. Use the Wii 2x - 3x per week. My problem areas, just like all other beautiful sistas out there, are my butt and thighs. I need to tone this jelly.
2. Eat one balanced meal a day. Trying for more would be unpractical for me. =/
3. I weigh 134lbs right now. I would like to gain a few but stay under 140.

Relationships
1. Continue to be a good daughter and friend.
2. Have fun while maintaining my integrity. I don't have the time to get in trouble because of what my flesh wants to do. I've worked too hard to get where I am now. If I can just hold out...
3. Proverbs 31: 10-31 - Quietly build up these qualities within myself in order to be someone who adds to the relationship.

Recreation
1. A new goal - I want to enjoy nature more. Since I love the air and sky so much, I would love to be at one with it more. If that means lying on my back in an open field of grass while the wind blows over me, that's what I'll do.
2. Be spontaneous - I feel like my life is too rigid and very structured. Everything is denoted by the time of the day. Time for recreation, time for family, time for spiritual things... I don't like this. I want to blend all of this together for a seamless life instead of having divisions and blocks of 'have to do's'.
3. Dabble in writing and photography at my own pace.

Career and Money
1. Get into a new job. Not really interested in a worldly career.
2. Have my credit card and car paid before Septemeber '10.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails