Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bible Reading

I just finished my Bible reading in 1 Samuel. I love reading about how one of the greatest kings in the first century came to be. David is a great example for everyone to really learn from. I think what impresses me most about David is his meekness and humility. David knew that he would be a king, which meant that he really didn't need to fear anything. Even though Saul was trying to kill him, David could have used his knowledge and got all big and bad in Saul's face. But he didn't. David remained the meek ole' David that he started out as. Now I know that David loses his mind later on and starts sinning against God, but I like where David's roots are. He had a good foundation.

Like David, I want a good foundation. At heart, I want to be a good person. I want a humble heart and a meek attitude. I want people to see me as a Christian at heart so that I can be an example or an inspiration like David is an inspiration to me.

You know, David is my favorite Bible character. I identify with him more than any other person in this Bible. Moreso because David messed up bad and did all he could to make things right with his God. I think he did that because of who he really was at heart. That goes right back to his foundation. David was a noble man who was human and made mistakes, but yet picked himself back up and still ended up being a friend of Jehovah. Mmmm. I have an affinity for that man. I can't wait to meet him!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails