Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Interesting Topics


I recently started reading Clutch Magazine and I'm glad I found the site. I've been in need of some pointed discussions and that's exactly what Clutch gives me.


Check out these two articles and tell me what you think.


The Super Ex-Boyfriend - The author challenges our ideas on cutting ties with exes. I wholeheartedly disagree with the article, however, I'm interested in the topic. While some may be able to stay friends with their exes out of sheer concern, I'm not to sure how I would feel about my husband checking up on his exes every now and then. Actually, I am sure how I would feel. I can imagine the issues and arguments that would result from the periodic check-ins. "Why don't you take the time to ask me how my day is in the same way you ask her how her life is going?" When we're living together, we often take each other for granted forgetting to do or say the simplest things such as "How was your day?" or "I miss you." It's not that we intentionally forget. It's just that when you see someone day after day, you tend not to be so formal. No matter if it's once or twice a year, I certainly don't want to hear my husband feeling concerned about his exes life for fear that I might get... jealous. Yep jealous.


Are You The Thorn Or Rose In A Black Man's Ass? - The comments are hilarious on this one. I agree that sometimes women need to contemplate their words and the magnitude of the support they give their black men. We can be very strong and hard with our men. Why not season your suggestions and advice with salt? Many of the commenters seem to feel that this article is an attack on the black women. I don't feel that way at all. The article isn't meant to address how wonderful we are. That's a separate post altogether and we all know there are a dozen of those out there. Our men are just asking us to be easy sometimes. What's wrong with that?


1 comment:

T.a.c.D said...

i just read the article about be a rose or a thron...i know that i have had a mighty tongue a many a day and called myself telling it like it is...but the reality is it isn't what you say its how you say it

in terms of the whole "ex" thing...my thing is they are an ex for a reason...unless you grew up with the person i see no reason to keep in touch...

Related Posts with Thumbnails