Monday, August 23, 2010

My Weekend

Yaaawn...

My weekend was good. It's the first one in a while that was joyful, i.e. void of crazy j.j. attitude. I think I need to give that chick a name because she certainly has a personality and identity of her own. I think I'm going to call her Jex. It seems appropriate that she have the letter 'x' in her name because baby girl can be criss crossed and out of her mind. Word to the wise...no one can identify her but me though. None of that, 'Jex must be here' stuff from other people. That'll only make her turn into Jexazel, and you really don't want to meet her. Lol. But back to the weeknd.

It was really cool man. Friday, I went to my mother in laws for a ladies movie night. We watched Look Who's Coming To Dinner with Harry Belafonte and Katherine Hepburn. I love that movie. Didn't realize how funny it was until I watched it with the ladies. The best part of the night was after the movie when everyone began talking about how they knew their husbands were the one and what mistakes they made in their prior marriages. (The age range was somewhere around 35 - 50.) I didn't say much, but took good mental notes. I like listening to the married wisdom of older women.

Saturday after a good morning of door to door preaching work and a Bible study, my husband and I cooled out in the house with each other and a movie. The movie was actually pretty interesting/suprising so we got a good post-conversation in about the purpose of life. It was made clear that we have differing approaches to life. At times, I've felt that it's THE thing that divides us, but I'm beginning to wrap my mind around appreciating our differences. It's hard to find the wonder in our differences, but I'm working on it. I think that's my major lesson right now.

After the movie, my husband checked his account and got stupid excited at the amount of money that was there. You see, it was his first paycheck from his new position and he undercalculated how much he would get. It was funny seeing him get so hype. It was cute actually. It's nice to see him worry free. The next words out of his mouth were "Get dressed baby! We're going out!" Two hours later we were sitting in Ruth's Chris talking, laughing, discussing... We invited a young couple who we hadn't yet hung out with to dinner so once they arrived, we had quite the nice couples conversation about alcohol, food and the first year of marriage. We were too siditty while sipping our wine and eating our chocolate cake with sweet cream and berries. Lol. After dinner, the four of us went down to K street and cut it up over long island ice teas. I haven't had that much fun in a while.

Yesterday, we rose after about two hours of sleep to join my parents, my sis and her boyfriend on a trip to Ocean City. We only got in a few hours on the beach though because it began to storm. But we made some nice memories, sitting on the beach talking about anger management and sitting in the car sheltered from the rain by a car wash while eating fried chicken and potato salad.

Needless to say, I'm tired. MJ and I have family worship tonight, but after that, I'm washing my hair and then passing out.

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

sounds AWESOME!
Glad you had so much fun...i tried my best to do NOTHING but didn't turn out that way...really glad you two had a good time together

MJ said...

I need a *Like* button!

Related Posts with Thumbnails