Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Break-Up


Why did I fall asleep at 6:30 last night and not wake up until 5:30 this morning? I didn't even know I was tired!


Before falling asleep, I managed to watch 'The Break-Up' with Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn. I think I hated it. Not because the movie was bad, but because of how horrible the break-up was. I don't think I've ever seen two people be so nasty to each other. I mean, the things that they did to each other were just horrible. And to think that they actually secretly wanted to get back together!


After a break-up, could you seriously date another person, or another stream of people right in front of your ex's face? Or could you start doing all the things that you know your ex hated in front of them? Not only would that show complete immaturity, but that would imply that you have no respect for the person. I mean, why were you with them in the first place if you didn't care about their feelings? Just because you break-up with someone, does that mean that you automatically hate the person? Yeah, break-ups can be hard, but I don't ever think there's a circumstance where being nasty is appropriate. Correct me if I'm wrong though...

6 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

Naw I think you are absolutely right (I still need to see this movie...hummmm...this may be a good "hang out" movie with my new buddy just to be a good conversational piece...) anyways...I think its petty and immature...and totally goes against TRUE forgiveness...

plus on top of all of that...that's just TOO MUCH ENERGY to be so nasty to someone and to be mean and angry...I mean you really have to sit back and think about being nasty and actually do it...that's so much energy...

I know folks that do it though, all the time...and for what...totally not worth the time or the energy...but that's my two cents...

jendayi said...

Yes!! It does take time and energy!! But I guess that's what the point of the movie was. The only way to give someone that kind of time and energy is if you still care. Gary and Brooke (Vince and Jennifer) still cared.

T.a.c.D said...

I think people can honestly do all of that stuff out of pure ill-intentions too...like some people are just really mean spirited...but I guess under it all there are some feelings still there...

I know that it took me a minute to get over O after all when had been through, but not ONCE did even consider doing something to "get back at him" or "to make him hurt like he hurt me" so I still had the feelings, but I didn't have that mean spirit...

Its a heart condition...but like my man (dag who sung that song) but there is a thin line between love and hate...eeesssshhh...things can get ugly...

jendayi said...

@t.c. - you're definitely right. it's a heart condition. if someone is nasty by nature, then that's the kind of energy they'll put out. the bad thing about it is that sometimes you don't learn this about a person until things go difficult. =/

@miss alisa - "have some class...and some respect". that is so true. it really does make you look like the fool to be so nasty. why even go there?

Ms. Confessions said...

I wanna see that movie..then I'll comment LOL

jendayi said...

@awotm - definitely pick it up. while i would not see it again, it was an elightening movie. (i was just going through your posts. glad to see you back.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails