Monday, November 27, 2006

Appreciative

I'm having a quiet day today.
You know those days when you just want to be still and silent.
At times, I like to sit and watch the day go by me.
Just wait and don't speak.
I have a lot of work to do, but I can still do it quietly.
I can hold true to my mood.

There are a couple of things I would like to reflect on.
Bear with me if you don't mind.
I appreciate being close to my friend.
To have another heartbeat pumping next to mine.
To have someone to smile with.
I appreciate someone thinking about me everyday.
Even though they are thousands of miles away.
It makes me feel significant.
I appreciate the life that I was given.
Mistakes and experiences have fortified me beyond belief.
My strength would not be as stable without them.
I appreciate tears that sometimes flow from my eyes.
It's for me to see that feelings are real.
Emotions are heavty.
And the heart is impressionable.
I appreciate the rain that's falling today.
A clean slate it provides.
Washes away a dusty time.
It draws people close to one another.
I love making memories and having moments.
Drives on the coast.
Lights from the far away city.
A simple kiss on the cheek.
I like to grab a hold of fun times.
The ones that have me bent over in pain.
When hearing my girlfriend's laugh makes me laugh even more.
When tears of joy moisten my face.
I'm thankful that I have somewhere to go.
That someone expects me to be there at a certain time.
That people inquire if I'm not there.
That individuals actually care.
I hold on to random acts of kindness.
The ones that open my eyes in surprise.
The out of the blue calls from friends from long ago.
How wonderful it is to still be on their mind.
I appreciate that I remember what it is to be kind.
To give to others what I know I would love.
Making sure that it's the best I can give.
I love how even though I skipped lunch today, I'm not starving.
My stomach is always taken care of.
Even though funds are low and the fridge is semi-empty, I'm always fed.
I just appreciate.
I always appreciate.

5 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

Yesterday was one of those types of days....
*smiling*
And that's the beautiful about life...about you...

jendayi said...

aww. thanks guys. i appreciate you too!

Why did i just read my post over again and almost cry? Gosh! I'm so sentimental today!!!

T.a.c.D said...

Your words have a way of doing that...it is one of those sentimental type of days though...

Little Brown Girl said...

This meant so much to me today...and you know why. We sometimes forget about whats really important when our world is rocked a little by a passing storm. This was beautiful...I am much appreciative!!!

RD

jendayi said...

R.D. - Hello again! I am happy that you took so much away from the post and were inspired today. Of course it doesn't completely fix everything but it's a start right?!! =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails