Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Journal Entry - 11/7

Hello World,

How are you today? Me? I'm wonderful as usual. I've never been more blessed. God is certainly looking out for me. I did something really stupid yesterday and sure enough, Jehovah put me in check right away. My incident yesterday showed me just how much He really cares for me.

I went to the gym yesterday for a pilates class. That mess wore my side and butt muscles out! I'm so excited to get back in shape. I am by no means sloppy, but I've noticed a difference in my body ever since I stopped dancing. Things aren't as banging as they used to be, if you know what I mean. I just want everything to be tight.

I called my mother the other day for advice. She's always told me that I would marry someone substantially older than myself, which I believe. That's all cool and fine, but in today's age, I said, what are the chances of me getting involved with someone who doesn't have a child? I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. I mean of course my first instincts are to say that I don't want to be a stepmom, but I haven't really formulated an opinion on this yet. Chances are that none of this will matter anyway, but it's an interesting subject. I told my mother that I was shocked that I even have to think about this. Where has our generation gone people?

I read an article on
Kelis yesterday in Vibe's Vixen magazine. I LOVE this girl. She's so... herself. There's no other way to describe her. I love her aura. She inspires me.





My parents are so cute, aren't they? I love those knuckleheads.











I have to pay $240 to get this ticket off my record without accruing any points on my license. I guess that's not bad considering that my insurance would increase if I didn't, forcing me to pay a higher rate for years. Thank goodness for the extra check coming in this month. Just to think, if only I would have slowed down 15 MPH, I could have treated myself to something nice (or put it towards a credit card payment).

In an hour, I'm meeting with a real estate agent to "just talk". I love how they try to make you think there's no pressure. Please. I need to make it clear what I want and where I am in this process. I haven't decided if I'm staying in CA or not, so I might not be in the stages to buy yet. He needs to understand that. I know that owning property in CA would be to my advantage with the way the market is at this moment, but if I leave and have a mortgage here, my options would be severely limited back east. I know he is going to tell me that there are ways around that such as renting out my CA property etc., but when he starts doing that, I'm going to call him on his "no presssure" policy. I gotta get my mind right for this meeting.

Well, I need to do about 30 more minutes of work. I'll continue my journal entry soon. Thanks for reading.

J

5 comments:

Daneger said...

I think it's interesting that you mom said you will marry an older man but what's is "substantially older"? Are you talking like 4-5 years or are you talking 8-10 years?

jendayi said...

miss alisa - I don't know why you didn't come to mind. The other end of the spectrum is so important to consider. What if I had a child? How would I want people to react to me and my offspring? I still don't know the answer to that question but I like your advice. Pray specifically for what I want... Yeah my mom told me you called. She raved about you and how good you sound. She really appreciates your growth. =)

daneger - interesting huh? i think once we meet, you might feel her sentiments. i don't know how much older she's talking. my last bf was 6 years older than me and the last guy i talked to for a hot minute is 31 years old. don't they say that maturity levels of men and women work that way though?

Anonymous said...

Ooooh. . .sorry about the car, homie. We live and learn! :-)

My mom also predicted that I'm going to end up with an older woman. Figures, they just make for better conversation a lot of the time. I'm wondering how that works though. I would think that I'd want a maturer older woman, and wouldn't a maturer older woman want an older man? I dunno. We'll see. As far as the step-mom thing goes, I think I'm one of the better step children, but I'm sure I was still a lot to take on. I think you'd have the understanding for it (and believe me you do need understanding) but do you really want that stress? You not only have the child, but most likely their mother (and all baggage they bring with them) to deal with as well. I think that with as much as you're working to keep the Almighty first in your life, HE'd provide you with something better.

Of course, who am I to predict what the Almighty's going to do. Thus, time will tell.

Peace,
Kep.

Daneger said...

I wrote another long response to this earlier but it wouldn't save and I lack the zeal to rewrite it all so I will just summarize it...Can't wait until we meet so we can talk about this topic more and I can see your maturity first hand. LOL.

jendayi said...

@kep - yes time will tell.

@daneger - stop being lazy! lol. til we meet...

Related Posts with Thumbnails