Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Fruits of the Spirit

Boy it's been an emotional day. Why can't life be a little easier? Satan really messed us up ya'll. He seriously funked us up! I mean how many people are walking around hurt because of the hatred he has planted in people's hearts? I so hate Satan. I despise him. It's a good thing that he's going down. The evil character will be destroyed!

Through listening to other people's stories, I'm only reminded how blessed I am. I really can't complain about anything, ya know? I'm happy, 100% healthy in a world filled with AIDS/HIV/STD striken individuals, intelligent, well-rounded, morally conscious, spiritual, etc. I have a well paying job that affords me a comfortable life. I mean, I'm good! Truly good. My only prayer is that I can continue to be good. Of course I'm prepared for challenges and unforseen occurances, but I'm so good that I don't think anything can be too hard for me to endure. Like I said before, I'm extremely blessed.

I feel like I'm about to go deep on ya'll but I'm sure you'll follow.

Guys... *sigh* Please remember to be kind. Be kind/nice to one another. I think people forget about that action and what it truly means. It's such a simple word that we tend to overlook it. We focus more on bold words like love, honesty and dependability. But there's something underneath those words that would wrap it all up. Be kind. If you're kind, you're showing love. You're showing that you don't want to hurt someone with a lie. You're kind enough to think about someone else as to be dependable. There's a lot of strength in being nice to someone. Not that fake kind of stuff though!!! You have to be sincere with it. Ya'll know what I mean. =)

I challenge you to be kind for an entire day to whoever crosses your path, NO MATTER IF YOU LIKE THE PERSON OR NOT, and I guarantee you that you'll feel like you're walking on air. It's a sensation that comes back to you tenfold. I promise you'll love it. If you don't, you can come back and curse me out. ha! (not really.)

What other "fruits of the spirit" do I like? There's love, joy, peace, long-suffering, KINDNESS, goodness, faith, mildness and self-control. My favs would have to be peace, which I deem as my middle name by the way. I hate friction and drama. And...joy. I need to work on the mildness and long-suffering part though. (That's for your baby boi.)

So that's enough preaching for the day.
What's your favorite fruit of the spirit and which ones do you need to work on? Look internally, be honest and share!

3 comments:

Blu Jewel said...

oh, you are so write about this. we live in a world that is laden with ugliness, hatered, pain, and endless emotional and mental maladies. we've strayed so far from God that many are struggling to find their way home again.

now more than ever, we need to pay it forward and act in kindness even when we dont want to. a simple gesture can make a major difference in someone's day or life. we heal ourselves as we do for others.

thank you for this inspirational post.

T.a.c.D said...

i don't think that you are getting to deep at all..as a matter a fact i was actually thinking about doing a post like this myself

so in short THIS WAS NEEDED
stuff like this needs to be said...like really we need talk about being kind, treating people according, loving thy neighbor as thy self...if we all would just do that...if we would all just take time to practice the fruit...

so much stuff is going on around me, i am actually doing extremely well and am extremely blessed when you look at the grander scheme of things you know...i have so much to feel happy and full about i mean honestly...but at the same time my heart is aching for those who are around me, those who I know are hurting and I know are going through...

but i know that my life isn't perfect and in everything in this life there is a lesson and something to be learned...so when things do come my way i will continue to keep the faith...

so to answer your question, my favorite fruit?
faith

my faith is strong, and its my faith that has gotten me through so many storms....i love peace and peace of mind....

what do i need to work on?

defintiely mildness (i am still
rough around the edges...not as rough as i used to be but i am working on it)

jendayi said...

blu - "a simple gesture can make a major difference in someone's day or life. we heal ourselves as we do for others." i love that. when someone's down, i always tell them to try to make someone else smile. that always works in lifting the spirits.

t.c. - good comment lady. i do know that you have faith. it definitely shows.

Related Posts with Thumbnails