Friday, June 29, 2007

I'm Back

I was traveling from Thursday the 21st to Sunday the 24th. Monday the 25th was the busiest day ever at work. Then I got called in for jury duty service from Tuesday to Thursday for a gang-related, murder trial. I was ecstatic when I got excused, but at the same time, I was happy to have a diversion from work. I learned a lot about the law while going through jury selection process. It was interesting how I got excused from serving on the jury though. I told the prosecution that as a Christian woman, I did not feel qualified to judge another man; and that I disagreed with the law that it is the people's responsibility to prove a man guilty or innocent. After the judge asked, "So you're refusing to deliberate?" and I said "yes", he asked me what religion I was. Once I told him, it was like a light bulb went on all around the court. The judge and the prosecution nodded their heads and I was excused.

I also had a doctor's appointment yesterday. I left there with an antibiotic shot in the buttocks, a prescription for two medications, an empty bladder, and 2 vials less of blood in my body. It was so funny how gimp I felt. I couldn't drive with my left arm and I couldn't sit on my right butt cheek. =)

I went to see Carl Thomas last night... He was great, except for the instances where he would jiggle slightly after getting in the moment. Yes, jiggle. I mean wiggle from side to side as if you're shaking something off of you. It was weird. The woman in front of me would look at her husband and laugh every time Carl did this odd little wiggle gesture. Every time he did that, I wondered if there was a little sugar in his tank. I sure hope not.

We're off on Wednesday, July 4th. Being off on a Wednesday sucks. It's better than nothing though. But I am off on Friday as well. I wonder if I should just take Thursday too. I probably won't.

July is my chill month. I'm not really trying to do anything for a while. I need to sit down and be quiet for a while. Ya know?

Have a happy weekend everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SHIMMY is what he did. I hope I spelled it right. He SHIMMIED all night. Some people I work with went to the concert too. They said everybody in there section was laughing at him. He SHIMMIED. HA LOL. DPG

jendayi said...

LOL. Yes! That's it!! He shimmied!! What grown man shimmies?!!

T.a.c.D said...

ok how about you just take Thursday off and you and baby boi go on a mini vaca or something....i am at work today and tomorrow...and off from Wednesday until next Monday_HELLO!!! and i am not doing jack...and happy bout it

Related Posts with Thumbnails