Monday, June 11, 2007

They Met

This weekend was so special. My mom flew into town to meet my boyfriend and to accompany us to the UCLA awards ceremony for the certificate I just received. It was so nice having my mother and my boyfriend become so close as the weekend went on. Baby boi and mom joked around together, they laughed together, they told each other stories, etc. They really bonded. You don't know how nice it is to stand back and see a loving relationship develop before your eyes. I felt like I was in a fairytale. At the end of her trip, when we took her to the airport, she hugged the both of us at once, and then looked at us with those motherly eyes. No sooner than she said "take care of each other", she was off on a plane. It wasn't until this morning that she told me she was almost in tears. While leaving the airport, baby boi told me that he loved my mom. My mom sent us an email today and said the she loved both of us. *deep breath* What more can a girl want?

I love my mother, I love baby boi, I loved our weekend together and I love my life.

11 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

That is extremely special and wonderful...i am SO very happy for you...life is GREAT!!! (despite my emotional rant-i know this)

jendayi said...

lol. thanks t.c. you have the right to be emotional WHENEVER you feel like it!! =)

K.C. said...

That's what's up. Can't wait to meet him myself!

jendayi said...

i wish i could introduce him to the world! can't wait for you to meet him too.

Blu Jewel said...

aww *sniff* that's beautiful.

Deja~I~Am said...

AWWW!! I'm glad. she told me about the weekend when she came home (briefly). She said I would really like him. I think I would. I think we would have a ball together. Yea for you big sis!!

jendayi said...

thanks blu and lil sis!

Anonymous said...

Now that's what I am talking about. It is always good to hear that your fam...ESPECIALLY your mom likes your boyfriend.

Congrats on that.

jendayi said...

rm - it's the greatest feeling girl. thanks for the congratulations.

B.m.W said...

That's awesome! Being a man that refuses to bring anything sub par home to the rents, I know how special that must be to see. I was talking to some friends about how a man/woman should be welcomed into the family as if he/she were a long lost relative, and it seems that's the case for you.

It is What It Is... said...

GURRRRRLLLL Friend - He must be the one...(AWESOME)!!!

Get it Girl! :-), :-)!!!

Congratulations!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails