Thursday, June 07, 2007

I HAD A BALL!

The girls and I haven't been out in together since All-Star weekend, so it was !fabulous! hanging with the girls at Honey last night. (The spot is deejay-ed by a set of females of minority descent... hence the name "Honey". One deejay is Prince's official deejay.) I left the house with a poor attitude because of a bad headache and Jai was sleepy and hungry, but I must say that as soon as we got on that dance floor, 3J was in full effect!! As is normal when the deejay is fire, we danced our little hearts out. We danced so hard that Jenn came in with luscious, curly, locks fresh from the hairdresser and left with a straight pony tail. (Sorry Jenn. At least it's clean!) Do you even remember the last time you went out and sweat that hard in the spot?! HELLO!! So there we were, shaking it up, getting our Beyonce on, twisting it up to "Buy You A Drank", winding our hips to the reggae beat, and getting wild with our hyphie bounce when you-will-never-guess-who walks by. Can you guess? Come on... Guess! Take a hint from the picture!!! YEP! YOUR MAN PRINCE! Walking right by us with his bad-a$$ haircut, looking fresher than mine. I almost lost my freakin mind, which surprised me because I had no idea I felt that way about him! The only celebrity I've ever fallen over was TI when he walked by us (3J) in Vegas. Even my reaction shocked the mess out me then... It was so funny because we had to remind ourselves that we were professional, business women and NOT the common groupie. Ha! But just before the girls got to my place last night, I finished watching his new commercial for Verizon. How coincidental is that? So as soon as I calmed down, I pulled out my phone and texted t.c. even though it was 3:38am in her time zone. That girl is in love with Prince, and apparently I am too. lol! (Can you believe that man turned 49 today?) Ah man! I had a ball last night. What a weekday evening!!!! Shout out to our boy TAJ for getting down with us!!! Yeah TAJ!!!

I'm working on 4 hours of sleep! Let's see how long I can last before falling face down on my keyboard. =)

10 comments:

Blu Jewel said...

i'm excited for you and with you. i love me some Prince. I've never been into light OR short men, but that sexy mofo does IT for me. i'm sure it's got more to do with his incredible talent, his lyrical genius (Dreamin Bout U *wink*) and his overall sex appeal.

it's a shame you couldn't have snuck a pic with your phone.

Anonymous said...

i am jealous. i had an experience similar to that when i went to an "underground" prince concert in washington, dc.

i was seated in the 9th row and he jumps off the stage and walked around my aisle and started playing.

it was surreal. but dude is captivating. jamie foxx was right (no homo) tho. lol.

but that's dope that you were just getting your groove on and a legend walks past.

jendayi said...

blu - i know i know. i wanted to take a pic so bad, but i constrained myself.

HM - that's what it was... "just getting your groove on and a legend walks past". that's exactly what it was. A LEGEND!

T.a.c.D said...

i didn't even hear the phone go off, but i saw it FIRST thing this morning and i was like ok ok let me wait to text her back...man was i pumped like i saw him...bump that let me hada been there, i would have acted like a STRAIGHT GROUPIE...i would probably cry...not like fall all over him, but tears WOULD flow....he is truly the PRINCE...my baby suga daddy for EVER!

Jenn Will said...

I never respond to your posts, but I had to for this one...last night was the BEST time I have had in a minute. There is something inexplicable that happens when the three of us get together-I love it! And who knew Taj partied like that!
I woke up this morning thinking...I saw Prince last night, how crazy is that!? And of course we would see him the one time Jendi doesn't have her bible-you know that New World Translation could've gotten us in to meet him!

jendayi said...

t.c. - i would have loved to see tears flowing from your eyes for that man!! lol. that would have been a perfect photo opportunity!!!

jenn will - i love you jenn!!! can you even begin to think about how many memories we have together? =O

blkbutterfly said...

girl, there is nothing wrong w/ acting like a groupie for Prince! i woulda fell out too! lol...

oh, and don't even get me started on T.I.!

Deja~I~Am said...

oh my goodness! that us exciting. It's so funny. I was driving and passes someone playing 3121 in their car just yesterday. Two purple prince sitings/hearings in the same week. I'm glad you had so much fun. Have a good time this weekend with mom

Deja~I~Am said...

correction:
that is***

and passed***

Anonymous said...

ok, first off...I AM JEALOUS AS HECK!!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Prince! He can do no wrong in my eyes. He is the epitome of a musical genius...people like him and Stevie.

Well, let me sit here at my desk with my lips pocked out and a slight frown on my face from hating so bad.

LOL...no, girl I am so happy you saw him. Why didn't you take a pciture?

Related Posts with Thumbnails