Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday's Blog

Today begins another week. Everyday that I drive to work, I say to myself "Make today count because today could be your last day." I also remind myself that there are people struggling due to the inability to get a job. It could be a lot worse. So here's to another 5 days... "A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

I haven't felt the desire to blog lately, although I've been doing a lot of private journal writing. On Saturday, I wrote about being bored out of my mind. lol. I sat in the same spot from 10am to 7pm watching the entire season of So You Think You Can Dance. It was purely pathetic. I did cook and wash my comforter though. Two things I never find time to do.


Last Thursday, at the recommendation of author Amy DuBois Barnett, I listed the top ten things that frighten me the most. Some of my answers included missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime, disappointing someone, being stuck, and not living up to my potential. There are so many things that I have a true talent for (like photography and performing) that I feel I'll never get to do full time. Of course I shouldn't look at it like that though.


I can't wait to sip mimosas on the beach with my girlfriends. Our cruise is going to be fabulous. I keep looking at the week blocked out in my calendar as if staring at the word 'VACATION' is going to make it come faster.


I painted my fingernails black. It took some getting used to, but I actually like. Especially because they're so shiny.

Radiohead's album is wonderful. It's full of tranquility.


I took my car to get an oil change and found out that I need new brake pads. $245 worth of brake pads. If my Dad were somewhat close, he would do them for me. =( Lord, help me find a way.

I can't believe this. My Superhero Fire Fighting Dad is on leave for hypertension! (The fire fighter association's lawyer says he might be able to build a case so that my dad won't have to pay for blood pressure medicine for the rest of his life. So while he's building his case, my dad can't work.) It's so strange to see my dad aging. He's always been able to do everything. I've seen him scuba dive for victims, scaffle down syscraper buildings, and move unmovable items. He was such a man's man. This is so weird. I don't want my daddy to get old! (I have to get closer to him.)

November is here. Holidays are around the corner. Tis the season.

I received a $50 gift from work. I have to pick which store(s) I want to redeem the money at. I'm losing my mind looking at the options. Lord&Taylor, Macy's, BestBuy, Marshalls/TJMaxx, Lowes, Spas, Bed Bath and Beyond, Amazon, Applebees, The Limited, Foot Locker, The Sharper Image... oh my goodness!!! Should I spend $10 at Edwards Theatres and $40 into Bloomingdales? Or maybe $25 at Target and $25 at Pier 1? Or maybe all $50 should go towards an American Airlines flight. This is a disaster. lol. I need camera accessories. If only they had Samy's on here. Maybe I should by a set of luggage. I'll need that. I need hangers too. Bed Bath and Beyond has the hangers I want. I need to fall-eriz and winter-ize my wardrobe too. The Limited should have a good selection of sweaters. But I'm always in BestBuy and Target... sheesh! I need to think about this one. =)

Why is it that the week I buy groceries is the week we have food galore at work? I could have fed myself off of other peoples money all week!

6 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

1st things 1st i love reading your random thoughts...makes me feel closer

2 i have to remind myself that daily, that things could be worse, this morning i actually put on Kirk Franklin because that was the only way i could force myself to make it to the train station to come to work...

i know the feeling of watching your parents get older...

and i personally can't wait to see the sunset on the Pacific Ocean this weekend...and to take part in your world...

Cali here i come

jendayi said...

thanks T. i love writing the random thoughts too. i should do it more often.

welcome to cali!

Jenn Will said...

So why come is it, I didn't know your dad was a fireman? That's crazy. I do completely feel you about the distance from aging parents its a scary thing. My dad is mister, everything is fine, then I talk to my mom and think "Oh Dear God". But I pray for them its really all we can do, being closer can't stop time...but for a variety of reasons I am so ready for my parents to come back home!

jendayi said...

I don't know why you didn't know that. Do you know that my mom works for Verizon? Maybe it just never came up. I feel you on them coming closer...Someone needs to physically check up on them if they aren't going to tell the truth!!! I'm about to be ON my parents. "Did you take ur blood pressure medication? Are you working out? Why are you eating that?!" Just watch.

Jenn Will said...

Yeah they are going to love that, and by love i mean stop taking your calls. lol.
I did know where your mom worked. I don't know if I thought your dad was a kept man, or what I thought. lol. And T I am hype about this little visit, hopefully the fires will be over and the ash dissapated some.

T.a.c.D said...

always remember that your parents are grown, i go and check on my father, stay on him about his meds, but the truth of the matter is, they are going to dow what they are going to do regardless...your dad isn't as hard headed as mines, so it should be AS difficult...but don't put so much pressure on yourself...imma tell you like my momma tells me about how she deals with worrying about us (her kids) keep it all in prayer

Related Posts with Thumbnails