Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ran-Dumb Thoughts

Hey peeps. How's everything going this week? Anything new?

Guess what I saw while walking into my building. Some old, caucasian, construction worker guy in his truck banging "it's bone and biggie biggie" from his stereo. I loved it! It made me smile.

So someone hung a noose up on the office door of a professor at my alma mater yesterday. That pretty much made me sick. And it's homecoming weekend, so you know what's going to be on everyone's mind now.

I got all of my pictures into Picasa. Every single photograph I've taken since I've been in California is now centrally located. It was cute looking at all the pics from over the years. I'm getting tired of seeing them though. I guess the memories are still too close for me to appreciate them. The girls and I do have a lot of cute shots though.

I need to get back on my studies. Whenever I break from the normal schedule, it's hard to get back on. I'm going to the convention on Saturday so that might help kick my butt back into gear.

While I was away, my co-worker unloaded her responsibilities on me. Needless to say, I was shocked to see all the work when I got back. But for some reason I wasn't even mad. Maybe it's because she has to have surgery. =/

I'm having headaches a little more frequently than I care to.

I wonder what I shall have for dinner. Sometimes I wish had my mommy here. She would cook for me. At least until the novelty of seeing me wears off. When she gets tired of me, she stops doing stuff for me. Ha!

I turn 25 next month. I was sitting around a table full of college students and one of my Kiamsha peers turned to me and said, "dag J. you're getting old." lol. I thought that was funny and yet so true, but not true at the same time. My mom said that I'll be 30 in no time. 25 is so young though. But when it comes to having children and owning property, I feel like I'm behind schedule.

I'm looking forward to seeing "Why Did I Get Married?" Jenn, who doesn't like Tyler Perry, said she liked it which means I'll love it. It'll be a good discussion movie. I hope baby boi will have lots to say on it.

I have nothing to do when I get home today. Can you believe that? I wish I could catch up on my shows... The Hills. The Fab Life of Kimora Lee. Girlfriends. The Game. etc. .. but I don't have tivo. If I don't fall asleep first, I'll use the time to study. That seems productive. I could mop my floors too. Maybe I'll conquer the laziness to get that done.

We get 3 checks next month. Yipee! Perhaps I'll buy a MacBook. Or maybe I'll buy that $700 camera lens I've been wanting. Or maybe I'll pay off my credit card. Now wouldn't that be the responsible thing to do? My sister wants a credit card so she can establish credit. Baby sis. Let me tell you...There are plenty of other ways to establish credit. Hold off as long as you can from getting a credit card. They are the worst.

"We do this work not because it's easy, but because it's hard." I heard that this weekend at the Summit. I thought it was very profound.

Jenn what's up with some Sunday Night Football? We haven't chilled in a while. I'm still eating my sunflower seeds by the way.

I told the recruiter that I'd go to Atlanta if he found a stellar opportunity for me. In fact, I think it might be less abrupt if I went to Atlanta first and then perused my way to Charlotte.

I threw away all the promotions and save 25% on all items mail yesterday. I was scared to let them go, but I figured I'd do more damage with them than without.

My phone's screen went blank so they gave me a refurbished phone. Why does the "p" on my keyboard think it's the send button? I'm tired of having phones that don't work. I'm going to write Verizon a strongly worded letter. You would think a customer who pays her bill on time and has never been delinquet on her account would get good service. Actually, the service isn't the problem. It's the equipment. Very poor equipment.

Time's up. It's 3:41. Quitting time.

If you have a minute, drop me a comment and tell me something new. Thanks!

13 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

you might still want to go to Charlotte and not the A, read a recent article that the water supply for the city will run out in about a year...seems the system wasn't prepared for the HUGE influx of new people...

i like the quote that you heard over the weekend...

you aren't OLD or behind in terms of child bearing and owning a home...truth be told if that was the case i'd be WAY behind...it will come when its time...no need in it coming when you are still figuring things out about YOUR OWN life...ya dig...

i got flexi rods last night and i like it...see something new

Thesis said...

turnin 25 soon eh? thas wassup...when i turned 26 i swear i felt a slight crack in my back the morning of my bday....the only major change i've experienced since 25 is in metabolism and the inability to eat anything I wanted and at anytime. I'm definitely suffering from it and realize that I gotta be in serious maintenance mode now before 30 hits in like 3.5 years.....i'm tryna make 30 the new 18 by then. feel me? lol.

holla

~Thesis

jendayi said...

crack in your back! oh no!

yeah the major difference that i've noticed so far is in the way your body feels and looks. gotta get into that gym! good luck on making 30 the new 18! lol.

Thesis said...

Word! See this is the thing...at my old job when I actually worked in Boston, my gym was on the 1st floor of my Office Building so I was at it on my lunch break like clock work...no one was even tryna talk to me at 11:55pm. i got up, took the elevator to the 1st floor, by 12:10, i was changed into my gym wear...by 12:30, i'm done with the elliptical/cardio and ready to lift...15 minutes of bench....15-20 min back....rotation, yada yada...did that consistently for like 6 months...ya boy was hard-body. lol. real talk. lol. I was very proud of myself. But then i switched jobs and now I live 7 minutes from the office. I drive, and for the most part, i'm at my desk unless i have client visits. Definite change in lifestyle. lol. But im gettin my mind right again.....Rocky! Rocky! RockY!

jendayi said...

Get it right Get it tight Thesis!! I'm going on a Caribbean vacay in January so I gotta make sure I get my mind right too. We Can do it!!!

Don't you just love the elliptical?!! You got me motivated! I might actually hit the gym today!

T.a.c.D said...

when i DO workout i love the ellipitical...oh how i wish i could get it right get it tight and KEEP it that way...but i am with you thesis...30 is the new 18! HELLO

Thesis said...

lol....ya'll are funny. Well elliptical for me cause its less pressure on my joints and you still work a great amount of sweat on that jawn....but im tryna cop a bicycle soon.

blkbutterfly said...

i turn 25 next month too. :-) it just dawned on me that 30 is right around the corner. but, i'm looking forward to it.

amen to the credit card comment! if i knew then what i know now...

oh how i wish 3:41 meant quitting time.

i love the "extra" paycheck months too. ours is this month and i can't decide what to do w/ the money.

Anonymous said...

when is your b-day and what are we doing?

It is What It Is... said...

When are you coming home???? LOL

WE miss you!!!!

Me, Jai, R.M. & Johnelka went to dinner and the movies earlier this evening...it was great!!! Thank you so much for sharing Jai with us...

MUUAHHH!!!

jendayi said...

@blkbutterfly - my suggestion on what to do with that "extra" paycheck ~ treat yourself, pay a little more than normal on that pesty credit card and invest the rest!

anon - doing absolutely nothing.

it is - girl, you know i don't know when i'm coming home. i have no plans in sight. i miss you too!

Deja~I~Am said...

Thesis got me motivated too! I'm hitting the GYM today. I need some music for my ipod. I'll be right on that elliptical.

the gym was on the second floor of my office building and I used to go during my lunch break to... That clearly isn't that case now

jendayi said...

good luck in the gym!

Related Posts with Thumbnails