Sunday, January 25, 2009

Just Like In The Movies

“Life is not like it is in the movies.” That’s a fact that really sucks for me because I wish it were. But I found an idea that works for me and may even be true! Life can be a string of memorable and unforgettable moments. Those are the things to notice. Luckily for me, since I see everything through rose-colored glasses, I notice these moments very easily. Watching a movie I love can be an unforgettable moment for me. Whatever makes me look back and smile. Whatever inspires me is what makes for an unforgettable moment. I’ve had a plethora of them in the last 5 years of my life, some of which I pointed out in the preceding post. But lately, during this time where I’ve had the freedom to look around and be in the moment, I’ve been showered with them. Cooking a new shrimp scampi recipe with a friend, bonding over sangria and margaritas with my sister, having a special phone call with JennWill that just so happens to be right on time, walking through an assembly hall with my mother while discussing paintings of Bible stories, reading identical newspapers in silence with my friend on the C train… I feel like I need to write them all down so that I’ll never forget them. I don’t want to go through a bad spot in life and not be able to recall moments that made me happy; moments that are unforgettable.

Where is all of this coming from you might ask. A movie of course! Lol. “Only You” starring Marisa Tomei and Robert Downey Jr. While watching it, I remembered that I’ve seen it before, but it was a good thing that I bumped into the movie because it reminded me to put it on my favorites list. The first line of this blog comes from “Only You”. It’s a movie about destiny, fate and dreams. While I believe you create your own destiny, I do believe in dreams. My dreams told me not to get married. Hmph! Go figure. The movie is playing again in the background. Giovanni just said this: “In America, you live for work. You stop for nothing. But in Italy, we care for food, for pleasure, for love.” Oh man! I have to get to Italy! Tuscany, Venice…I just want to go. Like drop everything and go. It’s where I feel like I belong right now. I want to go to Rome and then drive down the coast to Possitano like they did in the movie. I need to experience a country where they live for food, pleasure and love. That sounds like my kind of place.

Ok. I have another movie to watch this afternoon. I’m hungry for more inspiration. Catch you on the flip side.

1 comment:

T.a.c.D said...

when you want to go to Italy??? I am so serious...i have always wanted to go and just for what you said, love of food, pleasure, love of love...we need to reconnect....
(((HUGS)))

Related Posts with Thumbnails