Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Re-Post: Sheer Dreams and Desires

"Hey. You know what? Something just clicked. I don’t know a lot of things right now. I’m in the middle of some very hard decisions making this one of the hardest periods in my 24 years on earth. But what I do know is that I want to be somewhere far. I want to sit by the fountains in Paris and people watch. I want to feast my eyes on the architecture of Rome. I want to dance in the Venice sun. I just want to go away and listen to couples speak in their native tongue. I want to admire them. Experience them. I want to wander through cobblestone markets and buy a single peach that’s been kissed by the Roman sun. I want to wear a scarf around my neck and pin my hair up in a bun… Yeah. That’s what I want. If I could have anything I wanted, I’d quit today and be on a plane to Europe tomorrow. But that’s only if I could have anything I wanted… Sheer dreams and desires."

I wrote this two years ago and still feel the same way. I need a life pick me up. The routinue is just starting to get to me, and I know all too well how that feeling can overwhelm. I need a sporadic, spontaneous intervention. Let's go stay in a cottage rental in Massachusetts people. Or walk down the coast of Malibu with the sun on our faces. Let's lay in a field of daisies down in the country and watch the bees circle our heads. I'm serious! I wanna go! Just take me somewhere!!! Anywhere! Just get me out of here!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails