Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My Evening

I pulled into my parking spot and gathered all the trash in the car. While walking to the trash can, I locked my doors using the remote on my key ring. Hmm... I haven't gotten my mail in a couple of days. I should do that. Good. My Essence and Vicky Secret catalogue are here. Vibe is here too. I hate this magazine. Who's this letter from? Thomas? Why is Thomas writing me a letter? I did just mention that I like letters. Maybe he read one of my posts. Cable bill. Gas bill. Yeah yeah yeah. A check made out to Kiamsha. Oh finally! We got the check from the cruise. Great! While walking back to my apartment, I held the mail in one arm and texted Sean in the loose hand. What's this move going to do to his spirituality? I hope he's making the right move. I hope he doesn't get lost back in NY. He was making such great progress. I'm going to miss my little Sean. I tried to manage walking upstairs while texting still and almost stumbled. Geez, J! Pay attention. The text can wait. I get inside my place, throw the mail on my desk and finish my text while getting out of my work clothes. Oh. Thomas' letter! What's that all about? In the middle of changing, I start reading his letter and remain paralyzed until finished. He enlisted for the reserves?! Why in the world would he do that?! This guy! That's such a Thomas thing to do. He wants us to write him back. He needs letters to read while he's on base. He says it's the most uplifting part of his day. Okay. Let me finish changing. Do I even have a piece of paper in this place? I walked to the bookcase and found and old notebook from college with paper in it. Perfect. I sat down on my bed and then got back up to walk to the desk. No, I think I'll write it on the bed. I turned back around, got comfortable and began writing a 4 page letter. I think I enjoyed that. As much as I like writing... I folded the letter and placed it on the floor by my door. Don't forget to mail that tomorrow J. Ok. It's 6:15. The gym is out. I know I said I promise, but at least I put a routinue in place. I'll be going every Monday and Wednesday at 5:15 in the morning! You can't be mad at me for that. I turned on my stereo, turned the volume down and pressed play. Dwele. Good. Perfect. What's this Essence all about? I didn't even look to see who's on the cover. Terrence Howard! GOT D#(* this man is fine. I stared at the cover with my mouth wide open. No lie. I returned back to my bed with the Essence and Victorias Secret in hand. In leafing through my Essence, I notice the whole magazine is dedicated to the career woman. Top 25 Great Places To Work. Power Moves - Taking High Fashion to the Top of the Corporate Ladder. What to Wear to Work. That reminds me. I need to apply for new jobs tonight. I think I'll spend an hour on the internet doing so before going to bed. Dag, I love these suits. Look at that trench coat. And those shoes! Oh my goodness. I need to step my wardrobe up. No more of this kiddie stuff. I'm a professional woman. One classic piece at a time. I'm going to build my wardrobe. I already do one new goodie a paycheck. I think that's reasonable. I open and close my Vicky Secret catalogue pretty quickly. The budget won't allow for that this month. Can you believe my part time job's check bounced? I had $200 in my checking and now I'm in the negative. He better fix that quick. I can't be out here without money. Mmm.. This Dwele is hitting the spot. I walked to the kitchen to browse for food. I wasn't really hungry. Cookies or orange chicken? I went for the cookies. The premier of Dancing With the Stars comes on tonight. I should probably get busy on the job search so I can be in bed for that. Ok. Monster.com. Wait... Where did I put that magazine I got from the National Black MBA Association? It lists the top 50 companies for black MBAs to work. Perhaps I'll use that list instead of Monster for tonight. I browsed through the magazine looking for jobs located in the Los Angeles area. There's not a lot here. Only one company. You know where I want to work? Bloomingdales corporate office. I ran through the website. That's a no go. Corporate is in Manhattan and I know I'm not going back there. I looked through Essence's Top 25 Great Places to Work again. Dag. Not one of these companies is in LA. Monster it is. Roadblock. My labtop doesn't have Microsoft Word. I need Word to download my resume. Why would my job give me a labtop that doesn't have Word on it? That's dumb. I uncovered my personal labtop and prayed it could find a wireless connection. While I waited for the wireless network to connect, I changed CDs and loaded Eric Roberson. Play song 13, put it on repeat and turn up the volume. The signal was too low. I worked around the issue. Send Job To Friend was my best friend. It's 8:00pm. Shoot. Dancing With The Stars. But I'm not done yet. I turned on the show 2 minutes late and was immediately entranced. The professionals were dancing a group dance. Amazing. I ran back to the computer. 6 jobs in my inbox. That should suffice for one night. I'll apply to all of them first thing in the morning. Hopefully my cubemate won't be too nosey. Alright now IAN! I applauded for Cheryl and Ian happily in my lonesome. Laila Ali looked absolutely gorgeous. I left my computer on and walked to the kitchen again. Am I hungry or just bored? I put a chicken patty in the toaster oven and took out the sauce and cheese. Chicken parmesan. Perfect. I watched and waited. Waited and watched. In a minute, the chicken parmesan was gone and Dancing With The Starts was over. One last thing to do. J, why don't you complete your evening with a blog? And that was my evening.

4 comments:

B.m.W said...

You know it's only 9pm in LA, right granny ;)

K.C. said...

I was wondering how you could remember the details of a previous evening so vividly!

K.C. said...

(I thought you wrote it this morning)

T.a.c.D said...

I've been feeling like I don't know what is going on wit you...and with this one entry I feel so up to speed...LOL...this was very interesting to read...

Related Posts with Thumbnails