Monday, March 05, 2007

It's Monday

Good morning everyone,

I am extremely exhausted this morning; only had 3 hours of sleep. I saw Eric Roberson perform last night and secretly fell further in love with his music. Technical difficulties delayed him about 2 hours, but the wait was well worth it. You know how you're so into someone that you forget where you are? You get goosebumps on your arms and become so involved that your face is all scrunched up and ugly? Eric had that affect on me. I love live music. Love it. Love it. Love it. If I could plan my all-time favorite concert, Eric Roberson and Teedra Moses would definitely be on the list. What's similar about both of these artists is that they love their music. They enjoy their music and they enjoy performing so much that is radiates from the stage and pierces the audience in the heart. It's a beautiful thing to see artist so blissfully happy on stage. How is that not addictive? (Aloe Blacc [who makes me smile] and Mulatto also did a very good job last night. Check them out on myspace when you have time.)

Guys... I enjoy my life... It feels really good to be able to say that. I am so thankful for the life I have. I am so blessed that I live such a robust, peaceful, artistic, and loving life. I'm not going through anything, you know? I don't have anything heavy weighing on me. I sleep at night like a baby and kind of go through my day without any worries. I am surrounded by love. I'm healthy with full functionality. I can pay all my bills. I have intelligence to match an outward beauty. I'm proud of myself and all around happy. I wish I could freeze this time of my life and preserve it because I know it won't always be like this. But it's amazing to me that I've had this moment for so long. I'm thankful that I've had this moment for so long.

I want to get back to writing again. Not this what's-on-your-mind type stuff, but real stuff. I want to write lyrics and inspirational anecdotes. Remember this? Or this?And this? I loved writing like that. But I haven't really been inspired. I have to be in mood to write like that ya know? I can't write all willie nillie. It has to come from somewhere. Other artists inspire me so perhaps I'll channel that to see what I can do. Kepa mentioned that I should put together a book of my writings. Sounds like a nice little project. Stay tuned.

Have a beautiful remainder of your day.

J

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails