Tuesday, September 11, 2007

An All Day Long Post

I'm trying my darndest to get over this cold. As soon as I got home from the Erro show, I felt it. I knew I was going down. The weekend was so busy though that I didn't really get a chance to sit down and rest. I guess that's what sick days are for. My head is still dripping. If I could just get this mucus out...

I'm in love with tennis shoes again. Check out this boutique for women. http://www.myspace.com/kendolosangeles (scroll all the way through to the right) These shoes are dangerous! Jenn, Krysti, and I are going to go off in this place this weekend. Hopefully I can maintain my self-control and stick to one pair. My friend says that there's nothing wrong with being a shoe ho. lol.

So I guess we're about to be stuffed full of 50 vs. Kanye stuff for the rest of the week huh? Not looking forward to it.

This weekend should be fun. A BBQ at Kenneth Hahn park, shopping on Melrose with the girls, running around downtown for whatever reason. I might even go the aquarium. Goodness I love it here.

Speaking of loving it here, I know that Charlotte is going to be something new. I know that I'm not going to have what I have here. I know that it's not going to be as marvelous as LA, but I'm okay with that. Charlotte is going to be especially good for my spirituality. Whenever I'm alone and new, I tend to focus on my spirituality. Hopefully what happened here won't happen there though. Once I get good, I usually put my spirituality on the back burner. We'll see. I need to move to recharge so to speak. Find out who I am separate from all the razzle dazzle of it all. Maybe I'll be back?

I'm having financial problems, but I think I'm going to go ahead and buy my camera.

I'm in a Van Hunt, Maxwell, Raheem DeVaughn, D'Angelo mood. "Make You Feel Beautiful" is on right now. Jenn is right. This is a beautiful song. I remember when he dedicated it to me.

I'm off Friday. Not sure what I'll do yet. Don't really feel like the beach or the park like I usually do. I think I'll start throwing out stuff. Purge my life of all the crap in my place. Less is better. Maybe I'll even wash my dishes. =/ I HATE washing my dishes. They've been there for so long. I should probably also go to the gym. I just did my hair but I'm willing to sacrifice the pretty press for a healthy body. Friday would be a perfect day for a photography class. In fact, I'm going to look one up right now... Okay. Found one for the 22nd and 23rd. I'm enrolled! I love how Boeing pays for classes. I'll practice my photo taking skills on Friday so I can have something to go off of.

It's lunch time. I'll be back...

I spent my lunch choking on cereal. Geez.

Now I'm in a Power Women mood. I just posted those videos of Mya, JLo and Kelly. Get it girls. Fashionistas all the way! The only thing I want of theirs is their stylists. If I could wear stuff like that everyday, I would be more than happy. Actually I'll also take their concerts too. You know how I love to be on stage. While at the Beyonce concert, I was thinking "Man. I could be one of Bey's backup dancers. How awesome would that be? Running around the country dancing with the Beyonce Experience." I don't think I would do it long though. Just long enough for me to get a taste.

I'm going to Charlotte in three weeks to participate in 2 conferences. One for the Association for the Study of African-American Life and History and the other for the Partners for Environmental Progress Summit. It's going to be a lot of work, but fun (I hope). At least I get to see my Kiamsha family along with my mom and best friend.

I've had my heart in a headlock for a while but I'm slowly beginning to let go. I'm thinking about things I've never thought of before where love is concerned. It's funny how things go, how time changes everything. Speaking of love, I haven't talked to my little sis in a while. I miss her. She's a senior in college with a bf in tote so I know she has a lot going on. Since we're with different cellular providers, it's hard to talk. When we do, it's usually for hours so we gotta work it when it's free. Hopefully I'll get to catch up with her this weekend.

The day's almost over. I'll probably go pick up Kanye before I go home. I don't feel like going to the gym, so I'll do some cardio in the house. I need to do something being that I told everyone to report their exercise in to me tomorrow. Can't have everyone exercising and I didn't do my part. I have to go to the hall tonight anyway. There's no time to prepare for the meeting and go to the gym. Well actually there is but I'll be rushing and I don't want to do that. Yeah, I'll definitely do it in the house. Or maybe I'll run around the block a couple of times.

Tomorrow I'm going to do some real work. I promise. =)

4 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

totally love the shoes, they have them here too, but just not all in ONE place...

i will be out in CA in October, I am excited about that, so i'll get to see you then and when we are there for the ASALH conference...like you said hard work but fun none the less...

glad to hear your spirits are up and you have decided on a spot that's only a 5 hour drive...took me over 3 years to get out to CA and it'll be on the jobs dime, but at least I am coming....HA!

Vickilyn said...

Jendi in the QC. . .YAY! Dinner/lunch/drink something definitely! Wow I'm excited about a new face here!

Chari said...

Lol! You are a mess girl! Hope your cold goes away soon. Glad that things are looking up for you! Keep it up and Let Go and Let God! ;)

Chari said...

Oh yeah, I see you changed your page up a bit!

Related Posts with Thumbnails