Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Be Present!

Happy Tuesday Blogworld,

Well since I had a less than enthusiastic post yesterday, I thought I’d change the mood and bring something a little positive today. Lately I’ve been bombarded with phrases such as “live as if it were your last day!” and “no regrets!” and “live life to the fullest!” I feel like I should make huge colorful posters of these ideas and glue them onto my bedroom walls! They’re such positive notions. Of course there’s a grim underlying factor that you won’t be here tomorrow but who’s thinking about that?! =) It’s the message that counts. We’re sometimes so focused on the future and our long-term, and even short-term goals, that we forget to live in the moment. We tend forget about right now. So what’s your right now? What are you looking past? What can you give more attention to in your present? I think I’m going to jot my ideas down in my journal. This is a good exercise!

Love,

j.a.c.

4 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

i think this is right on point...so many times we are worried about tomorrow and what HAS to happen or what we WANT to happen that we are scared and nervous and caught up...and that leads to negative thoughts and life passing you by, instead of just embracing life for the wonderful journey that it is and just loving the moments...

today has been ONE OF THOSE DAYS...but for some reason I just REFUSE to NOT be happy!

life is too short and there are too many things to just be happy for and so I'll hold on to those things in an effort NOT to allow myself to be weighed down with otherwise things that really I have NO control over anyways...

it is what it is and its gonna be what its gonna be, so why not just focus on the positive and just be happy

Blu Jewel said...

totally agree with T.C.

Each day we're reminded of how short and how precious life is. There are no do-overs and we have to live is as best we can while we can. I went through some major changes this summer and it gave me a great segway of the things I wanted for my new year (bday). I'm growing more and more happy and secure with myself and won't digress for anyone.

Check out my recent post as I think it will tie into yours.

Love!

Ananda said...

jac tyou for a lovely and insightful post.


amen to both tc and blue jewel. the present moment was my focus for the past two days on my yoga mat. as i took in each new breath, i focused on being present to what my body was feeling. this morning it was all about just being in the gym at 5:30 and seeing the sky change into its morning clothes. when i walked to work later, i carried the same presence of mind with me. i noticed the trees blowing and actually felt the wind dance on my skin. work was cool. i moved through my day and tasks with moments of coming back to the present. the now is all we can ever be... it is the place where our spirit lives. may we all live here at all times.

peace and love, ananda

Chari said...

Grrreat post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails