Friday, September 28, 2007

Dear Jehovah

I finally get it. You've been trying to tell me for so long, but I finally get it! Whenever I search your Word or talk to you throughout the day or do a little personal study, I feel better. You were so right. Peace DOES come from you. Jehovah, I've been crying about how rough things are lately. And they definitely are. But I also know that I haven't been relying on you like I should. Please forgive me for that. My faith and my trust in you needs a lot of work. I'm just so thankful for your mercy because you could have left me a long time ago, murmuring to yourself about how stupid I am. But because of your loving-kindness you didn't. I am SO grateful for you. So thank you for giving me another opportunity. Thank you for giving me your wisdom to use for myself. Thank you for pointing out the toxic things and the spiritual things. Thank you for giving me the strength to get out of bad situations that I put myself in. Thank you for the examples of faithful ones that I should emulate. Especially your son, Jesus Christ. Thank you for your Daily Text and your Word. Thank you. Now I ask that you give me the courage to stick to you. It's not easy Jehovah. Even though I know it's best for me, it's just not easy. But please keep me in your arms. Carry me. Hold me close. Right next to your chest. I wish you could shelter me from all the missiles and darts but I realize that your enemy is very real. Satan is doing all he can do turn me, which is why I'm asking you for courage and strength. In return, I'll worship you and only you. I promise to work on the fruits of the spirit and to share my love of you with other people. To pass the pocket of peace on to other people who crave it. I love you with all of my heart Jehovah. For so many reasons, I love you. Please forgive me for hurting you. And since the only way to you is through your Son, I pray this through Him... Jesus Christ.

Amen.

3 comments:

dc_speaks said...

absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Chari said...

Yeaaaaa!!! Great post!!

T.a.c.D said...

i love your prayers...always gives me something to think about and most of all GROW from

Related Posts with Thumbnails